Lucid Nightmares......

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MidgeRae

Lucid Nightmares......

Postby MidgeRae » 06 Feb 2013 15:17

Hi all,

I am 25 years old and have experienced Lucid Dreaming since my first bought of anxiety, aged 16. For two weeks, every night I dreamt I was suffocating, 'consciously' trying to unsmother myself with the duvet and touching the bedside touch lamp.
Now, 9 years later and I have had my third bought of nightmares. Starting wih the awareness of a presence at my bed, then leading onto other methods of finding myself suffocating, e.g my boyfriend squeezing my head, so hard it caves in, being punched in the face to take my breath away, being trapped in the dark and attacked to almost feel like I'm about to suffer from a heartattack and each time thinking it's just a dream, bringing myself to ground again and finding it's just another layer of the dream.

Can anyone advise me as to why the nightmares are back, still linked to suffocation?
Thanks
Midge

knight of cups

Re: Lucid Nightmares......

Postby knight of cups » 06 Feb 2013 16:59

Since you've been having the nightmares from childhood, it's possibly linked to your family of origin.

Uns mother related to your mother?

Hope this helps.

taniaaust1

Re: Lucid Nightmares......

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2013 15:52

Ask yourself if you feel "suffocated" or trapped in your life over any situation or is someone making you feel like that.

It is possible to take control of nightmares such as that if you are lucid.. you need to use your mind and lucidity to change those dreams to more pleasant ones. I'll give you an example of a similar kind of LD I had in which I did took control over the dream.

I had a dream in which I was underwater and diving deeper and deeper. My waking consciousness came in at that point and I starting to think about what I was doing .. deep underwater and suddenly felt like I was drowning. I couldnt get any air under water, I was suffocating and drowning. How I took control over this dream and its situation was by then consciously thinking hard, about me having a divers breathing mask on connected to an oxygen tank on my back. When I thought this strongly and let my fear go... I created it, stopping that aweful starting to drown sensation. It was quite pleasant being deep under the sea then.

Think of ways before your next dream.. to respond to the kinds of dreams you are having. Its good that you are lucid as that means you can your waking mind to free you from having to keep go throu these nightmares.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”