A long way away from here

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peter

Re: A long way away from here

Postby Peter » 09 Aug 2011 10:18

If you like people watching and i do - relaxing in a cafe with a coffee and a paper and see just what is going on then this is what works in the dream to keep you there. Just look and wait with detached interest and you may prolong the dream.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 09 Aug 2011 16:47

Ha, I totally get what you mean Peter. My longest LD was the one I was more interested in just observing than actually doing anything. And yes, people watching is a great time. I used to play judge and jury, but now I try perceiving and guessing a persons life experience to bring them to the way they are rather than being judgmental.

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Aug 2011 20:12

I love it - just observing body language and posture and where their focus seems to be and then seeing what thoughts emerge. I am away on a business trip and off to a cafe very soon to enjoy the first hours of the day doing just this.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 09 Aug 2011 23:22

Mhmm. Makes you wonder how often you are observed as being unaware by others. I think it is good practice on what I call my "2+2" ability.

Often times people will say to me, "how did you know that?". I know by now the difference between psychic and my "2+2" ability.

"2+2" is basically being able to take all the variables of a situation and add them up even if it is done on a subconscious level. Just how some people need a calculator to do 12x13, others can easily say 156 without having to add 12 +12 +12 etc.

I am now aware that my direct conscious isn't the one that does all the problem solving for me, and I have even learned when the answer is coming to me from my subconscious, which is not from another realm, just simply the calculations by brain has done for me without my awareness being on it, but it then sends the answer to my awareness.

There are certainly other times I can tell it was more than just my brain at work, especially when I help people I know nothing about. Things come to me in ways I would not describe as "myself" talking.

Anyway,all of that I like to use in people watching. Work on my "2+2" ability to guess someones story, it is like practicing life's math I think.

Not even sure why I explained all of this, but let me know if it resonates with you!

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Aug 2011 23:33

Yes it does. Numbers almost appear for me and getting them "about right" is an essential skill for business.Also doing numbers in your head is a good way to learn to let go of stuff and only worry about the next step - a good exercise in clear thinking.

Also in meetings I like to get someone else to start the talking for my side and I just observe and get a feel for what is occouring. 2+2 = 6 or 8 its a lot more that just WR logic at work. I feel when we are switched on we take WR to the dreamspace and components of LD to WR.

Heres something random for you - I used to get almost no sleep and when I was restless in bed I would look at the clock and try to count or muliply or divide the hours and minutes in as many ways as possible till it moved to the next minute.

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 11 Aug 2011 16:40

Peter wrote: I feel when we are switched on we take WR to the dreamspace and components of LD to WR.

For sure, just how to always be "on" is the question.

Classic psychological sports question of how can you always play at your best. I know Tiger Woods, scumbag or not, does meditate. Probably a large part of it, to let your mind stay openly connected to other 'energies'.

Also, that sounds like a form of meditation with your clock work. Focusing on nothing but the numbers consciously. Can't say I have done the same though.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Aug 2011 02:23

It was more a game to get me centered a bit to stop feeling frustrated when I could not sleep but in hindsight did have a focusing effect and that was calming.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”