nightmare of a LD -connection with brain activity?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
rdubya

nightmare of a LD -connection with brain activity?

Postby rdubya » 02 Aug 2011 18:35

So last night i was having a nightmare. as soon as I realized I was dreaming and i gained control of the scene, I ran outside the area I was and asked for my "guide" to reveal itself since this was my goal determined while awake. I then saw a blurry figure and went towards it. When I got near it and reached my hand towards it, it was an ugly creature that bit my hand. I didn't panick I just said no, this is my dream and kicked it away. (Hand hurt real bad, but I healed it instantly) Once I did this, I realized my LEFT eye was closed in my dream. I could only see from my right eye. I tried very hard to open my left eye, resulting in my physical eye opening (was pretty cool to see half my room with my left eye and half my dream with my right)

anyway-- i have read that the left side of your brain is strongly connected to the artistic and creative side of your physical self, and the right side is your gateway to other realities with other entities. I think that this nightmare was completely created in my own mind and when I asked for my guide, the fact that I could not see out of my left eye(which is connected to the right side of the brain) was shut, signalling to me that I was in my own reality and not connected elsewhere.

Just my two cents.
-ryan

worldenterer

Re: nightmare of a LD -connection with brain activity?

Postby worldenterer » 02 Aug 2011 22:42

Thats so awsome!
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 02 Aug 2011 23:38

--And that's really wild about that dream creature "biting" you. There's that whole dream mythology about the healing snake bite (although it certainly doesn't need to be a snake). There are tons of anecdotes about this situation--and Joe Campbell wrote about it pretty extensively.

Apparently, people dream about a "snake" biting them when they need to make an important decision or when they're trying to figure something out. Even if that's not going on, some kind of creature biting you in a dream can often cause some kind of realization or breakthrough.

The idea is that the bite is damned painful--but the venom is actually healing (but don't try this out while you're hiking!)

One of the crazy symbols of this that exists in waking reality is the symbol for the American Medical Assn.--a type of winged staff with two snakes wrapped around it! Check out the "Rod of Asclepius" entry in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 03 Aug 2011 17:16

Interesting finegan. I don't think it was a snake, just a dwarfed ball of energy that peered at me when I reached my hand out and bit me. Real ugly and nasty with piranha teeth. Wish I didn't wake up so fast from the LD, I felt like I was in it pretty strongly but my physical eye opened and took me out. (now that I think about it, I should have RC when i thought i woke up!)But it was a pretty memorable sensation, the whole dream, so I think it was me trying to show me when I am in my own mind. Now I just need to get to the Astral realm so many people write about. But one step at a time.

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Aug 2011 20:49

Let the bite you, they soon get sick of it and you will heal and the introduction of pain in a LD is an interesting sensation. There is normally some stong emotion attached and this along with the pain can trigger a new type of adventure. No fear and accepting no harm can come is the key to another level in my mind.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”