Most Lucid LD Yet! They keep getting better!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
beadietux

Most Lucid LD Yet! They keep getting better!

Postby beadietux » 01 Mar 2013 15:38

So, I took a break from actively thinking about LD's on a daily basis. I thought about it yesterday and before bed, I did a little conscious prepping - thinking about what I will do when I'm dreaming, thinking about my last LD and what I'd like to try to do differently. The end result is that I had the most vivid and true-to-life LD yet!

I was trying to put something in the fridge, but something was blocking the door and I was getting really frustrated...it was as if the cabinets had been built out too far for the door to ever open. So I thought, this is crazy, why would anyone put a fridge here, and that's when it hit me that this situation was so absurd that it MUST be a dream, and as quickly as I absorbed that thought, I popped into consciousness. I did my RC, which for me is looking at my hands and seeing how many fingers I have, and I had 6 fingers on one hand with a few fused together, so I knew I was dreaming. The first thing I did was stop and breathe and say "My name is Jennifer and I'm dreaming." This became my mantra every time I started to recognize that I was getting lost in the dream and might lose lucidity. I said it as often as I needed to - about 20 times during the dream - and doing that helped me maintain a vivid lucidity. I just took a moment to stand there and look around and really take my surroundings in. Then I realized that I didn't really like my surroundings...they were stressful and not what I would choose to be in. Then a bomb dropped close by and a bus flew through the air and people were running and screaming, but I wasn't scared at all...I knew it was a dream, and I knew that I wanted to have some fun so my dreamscape needed to change. In my past LD's, I have never been successful at changing a dreamscape, but this time I was! I said very loudly, "I don't like this and I want to be somewhere else." Instead of trying to force somethign specific, which is what I've done in the past, I just stated that I wanted to be somewhere else. So, my dreamscape started to shrink until it was the size of a tv, and at first it was surrounded by darkness but then I could make out the room, and it was a random living room and I was sittign on a couch and I was just watching a movie of the dreamscape that I had just been in. So, I was relieved to be out of that setting, and super excited that I had finally been successful at changing my dreamscape, and I set out to find some fun things to do. I won't go into any more dream details but I will share that I was constantly surrounded by DC's and I did a much better job of not getting engrossed in their ramblings - that has always been where I've lost lucidity because I always think that they might have something really profound to say, so I listen closely and get sucked into what they are saying, and I lose lucidity. And they've pretty much never said anything worthwhile, so far! Haha.

So to sum up, the cool thing about this dream is that I succeeded in changing my dreamscape after countless past attempts have failed, and I just keep improving with my skills to remain lucid. This dream felt like it lasted about 20 mins as opposed to the 3-5 minute dreams that I've had in the past...I knew I didn't want to lose it, so I kept repeating my mantra and just let it keep going. The only reason I woke up is because in the dream, things were blurry, so I closed my eyes and opened them, and when I opened them, I opened my "real" eyes and woke up. That instance was a pretty weird and neat feeling - I woke up not sleepy at all...I woke up instantly fully conscious. It wasn't that sleepy gradual wake-up. That's the first time that's ever happened to.

taniaaust1

Re: Most Lucid LD Yet! They keep getting better!

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Mar 2013 11:59

Congrats :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”