First time flying

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
tjippen

First time flying

Postby tjippen » 03 Aug 2011 23:56

First time i flew was about a year ago, i wasnt tired at all and was going to go up early in the morning, so i just tried to push myself to fall asleep.
And it took like 1 minute from going to bed to be shoved right into a lucid dream, which is weird since i've never achieved LD state so quick and i think this was my first LD .

Anyhow all of a sudden i was standing on a jetty (dont know if thats the right word, im from sweden)
and i thought HOLY "#¤" IM DREAMING! after that i thought about how it would be to fly a helicopter, so i started taking of sitting in the air without a helicopter, holding invisible steering instruments :).
i got up pretty high over the water, pretty fast. So i got kind of paranoid, but that all passed when i started to fly towards the land, this is where the dream is about too collapse.

I saw some kids playing by a beach and thought i would do a low flyby, and they picked up some RC controls and started to chase me with small RC Planes.
I freaked out and woke up.

From going to bed and enter this LD, to waking up took me 10 minutes, and i couldnt get back too sleep, because i was so excited.

Hope u can make any sence of my writing and typing :).

fineganswaker

Re: First time flying

Postby fineganswaker » 04 Aug 2011 00:12

tjippen wrote:From going to bed and enter this LD, to waking up took me 10 minutes, and i couldnt get back too sleep, because i was so excited.

Hope u can make any sence of my writing and typing :).

Cool! Congrats, tjippen! I just had my first lucid "flying lesson" the other night. I was swoopin' down on things like a hawk!

I know what you mean about that exhaustion/excitement. I've read that this is the "high" that folks get after having a lucid dream--very common experience. I had an amazing weekend of lucidity and that high has lasted for days!

Hey--don't sweat your typing. Your English is great!

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 04 Aug 2011 10:09

congrats, sounds like it was fun. The first time I tried flying in a lucid dream, I jumped in the air and slowly hovered down
My goal is to actually be able to fly soon, however I think I have had dreams of flying in non lucid dreams

jkemeny

Postby jkemeny » 07 Aug 2011 16:44

Very intersting that you imagined a vehicle like a helicopter to fly with. This may be a good way to bypass the subconscious effects of gravity that seem to inhibit my ability to fly in lucid dreams. I'll have to experiment with this. Thanks for the clue!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”