Talking to my reflected self

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Highlander

Talking to my reflected self

Postby Highlander » 14 Mar 2013 12:43

Recently I had a beautiful experience of lucidity, somewhat philosophical.
I was dreaming to do several things but was not lucid. Then, in the dream, I walked into a room that had a mirror with my reflection.
Then i became lucid. I thought, "I see my reflection in a mirror in a dream ...? Never had happened to me."
So I started testing some reality checks. I looked at my reflected hands, looked into my eyes, said my name ... I noticed that the body was different than mine. It had some similarities though. Another thing I noticed was the movements. They were not coordinated with what I did. So what I decided to do? I went inside the mirror to the other side (the reflected side). My "other self" was amazed and I started talking with him:
Me-"Who are you"?
Other-"I am me and you are you. Where do you come from?"
Me-"From the other side of the mirror."
Other-"So I am you, too."
Me-"But you're not making the same gestures as me. This body i see is not mine. It's different."
Other-"When you dream about your mother or your grandmother, is their body also different?"
Me-"Hmmm ... No..."
I was thinking about this question as the dream was fading away. I saw a little light and a little sound as if to say that the dream was over.

tea

Re: Talking to my reflected self

Postby tea » 14 Mar 2013 14:32

wow. this is awesome!
what a wonderful situation!

can you explain what everything looked like once you entered the other side of the mirror? i mean, was it just the same environment but mirrored? and did the "other" you stand right in front of you like other persons usually do?

:D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 14 Mar 2013 15:04

Yes. On the other side of the mirror, the environment was the same but mirrored. And the "other" was with me like any other person. It was me who entered "his world".

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 21 Mar 2013 17:29

Today, when becoming lucid, i remembered to try this again, but i didn't like the results.
I was outside watching my reflection on a building's window, but didn't see much. So i entered the building to find some mirrors. I entered on a wc and saw me on the mirror. I was evil-looking, with red eyes, pointy teeth and an evil smile. I talked to this "other me" but he didn't respond. So i entered the mirror.
On the other side, i found another mirror with another silent "evil-me" slightly different. Tryed 2 more times, with no sucess. With this frustration, i woke up.
I guess it was not a good day to do this. Or i was not mentally up to this.

tea

Postby tea » 22 Mar 2013 08:27

yeah, sounds like it.. still pretty interesting!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

mia

Postby mia » 13 Apr 2013 23:40

Oh my. I just read this thread. Fabulous dreams; love that you thought to enter the mirror. That never would have occurred to me. I think there was some slight notion of finding something 'scary' in your mind when you contemplated the mirror entry idea in waking life; (even a flicker of it crossing your mind); that seed didn't bear much; but maybe created a little something with your 'scary you'.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 14 Apr 2013 00:49

In all my years I have never once seen a mirror in a dream...and I never think to look for one...uugghhhhh!!! :oops:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2013 04:55

Stepping into a mirror.. interesting dream challenge :)

dreamworld777 I cant ever remember seeing a mirror in any of my dreams either, so I guess it isnt at all a normal dream symbol for some of us, of cause in a LD thou we could just manifest one. (thou Ive played around with mirrors doing other stuff and scared myself with one cause got lost with the reflection and didnt know which was me).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 14 Apr 2013 05:48

Most of my lucid dreams, I OBE into my house. Well my dream house but it's just like my house in real life. Which has a couple mirrors, so I often explore them. One time I threw a mirror on the ground, jumped into it, crawled through strange tunnels and then climbed out of the tunnel which lead out of my passenger seat side window of my Car. I crawled out of the window like I was in the car, but I wasn't I was in tunnels that came from going through a mirror. It was strange, and even stranger when I climbed out the window onto the roof of my car, I saw it was parked a gas station. Mirrors are quite interesting portals :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 14 Apr 2013 12:46

Today it happened to me again. In some dreams, i tend to teach DC's how to do stuff.
Today i was near some mirror objects and proving them that we were all dreaming.
Next to me is a car. I look at it and see myself, but my face is blown up. I say "Hello" but my reflected self is like another person, because he listens to me and says "Hello" after me, kinda responding to me.
I tell the DC (my brother, actually) to do the same, but for him doesn't work.
Then i asked another DC for a pocket mirror. For my brother, doesn't work either, but for me it was interesting. I look at it and the mirror shows my body from the neck down, even when i'm just ponting at my face.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”