What's in your pocket? (In a lucid dream?)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

What's in your pocket? (In a lucid dream?)

Postby HAGART » 25 Mar 2013 19:39

I thought of this idea, and haven't heard of it before. When you are in a lucid dream, reach your hand in your pocket and see if you feel anything and then pull it out and look at it. (Any purse of bag would work too.) My theory was that it would reveal something symbolic and personal and may have a lot of meaning and may represent emotional baggage we are be carrying with us. But for me, I was wrong.

I tried this a few times, and my results have been mundane, normal objects. (Perhaps it was what I expected.) Anyway, here is a list of the few times I have tried this and what I have found:

1st time: I pulled out some coins and keys from my left pant pocket, and my wallet from my right one. The coins were odd of course and had strange dates on them like 999, or 1596.

2nd time: I wasn't wearing any pants! :oops: I just felt my bare thighs.

3rd time: I had some pajamas on, but there were no pockets.

4th time: (I was sitting and writing a recipe in my lucid dream because I was hungry and was thinking about what I would eat after a woke up. I finally snapped out of it and thought to myself, what should I do in this lucid dream and remembered the pants experiment.) The first thing I pulled out was a mechanical pencil like the one I had just been using. Coincidence? I think not. I decided to keep reaching in and pulling things out, never considering them empty. I pulled out a hand full of clear-plastic candy wrappers like ones used for mints. I pulled out a pair of sunglasses, (although they didn't feel like them when I touched them in my pocket, they were indeed sunglasses when I looked at them). I also saw a pair of regular glasses in the ever-growing pile of junk I was pulling out and assumed they must have slipped out with the other pair. After more candy wrappers, coins, keys, wallet, I was left with little balls of rolled up gum wrappers. I was going to invert the pocket to let it all fall out, but the dream ended. (All those things I have had in my pocket at least once in my life, so I wonder if that is the only meaning.)

5th time (latest so far): I pulled out two quarters and a dime. When I looked at the coins the quarters were very large like an American silver dollar in size, and the dime was normal. And that was it.

This is easy to try when you are lucid, and only takes a moment and you can still do other things in your lucid dream as well. You don't have to devote a whole dream to it. I keep finding the same old mundane things, but everybody will have their own experience and it's so easy it's worth a try. But I wonder.... WHAT'S IN YOUR POCKET?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamerMan99

Re: What's in your pocket? (In a lucid dream?)

Postby DreamerMan99 » 08 Apr 2013 18:17

Sounds awesome - Its going on my to do list... Along with meeting dead people, using a cell phone, a computer, ressurecting zombies, ect. xD

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 20:03

I will try tonight if i make a lucid dream of couse (i hate losing my night with normal dream :evil: :x )
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 21:50

I'm not really sure I even have legs in dream. Actually, I have been reluctant to look, but I suppose that would need to resolved first.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

tea

Postby tea » 09 Apr 2013 22:05

Je-Je wrote:I will try tonight if i make a lucid dream of couse (i hate losing my night with normal dream :evil: :x )

hey, i think you should rethink that a litte. every dream (lucid or not) has big potential for you to learn new things about yourself. maybe you're not controlling your dream, but it's still somthing that manifests from deep down your own rabbit hole. why not explore it?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 08:20

lucidinthe sky wrote:I'm not really sure I even have legs in dream. Actually, I have been reluctant to look, but I suppose that would need to resolved first.

Its funny in a way that I'd never paid any real attention to how I looked in dreams until this thread topic which made me pay attention more to my dream self... its always been for me paying a lot of attention in my dream to everything else rather then me and what im wearing or looked like. Now Ive decided I really want to get to know my dream self image.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tea

Postby tea » 11 Apr 2013 10:41

taniaaust1 wrote:its always been for me paying a lot of attention in my dream to everything else rather then me and what im wearing or looked like. Now Ive decided I really want to get to know my dream self image.

nice one, same here! :D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”