First Lucid Dream - weird!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

First Lucid Dream - weird!

Postby nat_m18 » 06 Apr 2013 08:42

I'm writing this currently as I just woke up from a dream, or what I now realize was a lucid dream, that completely freaked me out. Of course, the natural thing I did was look up on the internet what the heck had gone on.
Here's how it went. It started out I was full on dreaming, but then I went into a dream where I was talking to a friend, like any normal day conversation, however I was physically speaking while I was laying in my bed. I know this because my roommate thought I was sleep talking. It wasn't just bits and fragments of speech though; it was my full on conversation with the guy. Then the dream completely switched. I consciously knew I was laying in my bed - I could even feel my arms above my head and the position I was laying. At this point, I didn't realize I couldn't move yet. It was a nightmare of sorts because I literally believed that the house was shaking and my bed slowly starting to spin and move like the house was falling apart and caving in to the right. Naturally, this freaked me out because I was consciously awake and knew this was going on. I was full on convinced that there was either and earthquake, some sort of natural disaster, or the world was ending. So, in the midst of this my instinct was to get up and run out of my room. However, this is when I realized I couldn't move! Being unaware about lucid dreaming, I started to freak out more (and this is in the middle of my bed caving spinning, caving in, and the world ending as I knew it). My senses went into flight and I wanted to just get up and run away like this was all really happening in, because I thought it was. I was aware that I was awake.
Then, a few minutes into being paralyzed I became aware that I was not really consciously awake, but awake in a dream.

Now, from what I looked up, I would constitute this as lucid dreaming.
Any thoughts?

Re: First Lucid Dream - weird!

Postby Je-Je » 06 Apr 2013 09:24

yes we can said it is a lucid dream, cuz you have taken conscious. Nice to share your dream :D
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Postby dreamworld777 » 06 Apr 2013 15:14

Well,it sounds like your dream ended up in sleep paralysis...this would be why you could not move and felt paralyzed and had this dreadful feeling that the world was ending or in an earthquake or something.Most people say that during sleep paralysis,they have feelings of a dreadful situation of some sort but are not able to move at all,only being able to 'think''s quite common.It's happened to me many times also.If you're not familiar with this you can look it it and you can find worlds of info on it and maybe get a better understanding of it.It's no fun that's for sure but really just a natural state that our bodies take while sleeping to prevent us from jumping up and acting out physically what we are doing in our dreams.Hope this helped ;)

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 11:34

Then, a few minutes into being paralyzed I became aware that I was not really consciously awake, but awake in a dream.

Being aware that you are paralysed but awake is called sleep paralyses.

Lucid dreaming is when you are asleep and actually realise you are dreaming at the time.

Next time you find yourself in sleep paralyses.. if you want to bring yourself out of it.. try hard to wiggle a toe and after a short time it should break the state... or.. allow yourself to enter into a lucid dream from that state by just relaxing and staying aware.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”