Psychopathic Samurai riding a train

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Intrepid

Psychopathic Samurai riding a train

Postby Intrepid » 28 Apr 2013 20:43

My inspiration for this one would no doubt belong to Summerlander after reading his LD about butchering those men lol
This one is long and weird. Enjoy!

Lucid dream April 27th, 2013

The dream begins and am on a dream version of an Army base in Europe. The beginning is fuzzy. Vague flashes of dream memories cloud together, and my vivid recall begins near a guard shack at the base of a grassy berm. There are open, green fields surrounding the structure, which is no more than a few times the size of a toll booth. I am able to see other buildings in the distance.

* I often have imaginative tangents within my dreams in which I'm envisioning something in my mind while dreaming.*

I enter the guard shack. Three men are standing and conversing about nothing in particular. I stay for a moment before stepping outside. Two more guards are outside, standing a few feet from the shack.
I come across a samurai sword lying on the ground. Picking it up, I get a feel for its weight and admire the craftsmanship. I am not yet lucid.

I begin to imagine what would happen if I were to attack the guards with my new weapon, envisioning myself slicing and stabbing them to death. A rush of excitement hits me. As I entertain these thoughts, they grow more in-depth and vivid, with minute details of the melee entering my mind.

Suddenly, my imagination transitions to dream reality, and I am inside the guard shack and attacking the guards. One has already fallen to my blade, his chest cavity gaping open after a powerful slash and thrust combination.
The two other men draw their own swords. I square off with the first and slash downward as hard as I can, diagonally across his neck. The blade cuts through the neck like water and his head falls to the ground, followed by the rest of his body.
The last guard hesitates after seeing this and is clearly shaken. I turn, parry his sword to the side, and unleash a flurry of slashes across his upper body. Blood instantly soaks his clothing and his skin gapes open like a butterfly'd steak. Thinking to keep my form, I let out a shout of:
"HAZAAAAAA!"
And run the blade through his chest.
He melts to the ground like a candle as he dies.

I exit the shack, now in a frenzy of adrenaline and violence, and find the other two guards have prepared. They each have their own swords and are waiting for me.
I effortlessly run them both through while I scream war-cries, and blood sprays across the ground as they both fall.
An alarm sounds from somewhere in the distance. The exact dialogue eludes me now, but my memory is that it was warning of my presence. Making my way to the top of the berm for a better look, I am reminded of the other structures a short distance away. Intoxicated by the adrenaline rush and the drama that just unfolded, I decide to stab the sword into the ground at the top of the berm. *Braveheart inspiration* My hope is that the sunlight will glint off of the blade, signaling to those approaching that the guards fell by my hand. I do this as I begin to run towards the other buildings, but am quite disappointed when it falls over, apparently due to my lack of power in anchoring it in the ground. I brush this off and continue on.

I run towards one particular building, though nothing especially drew me there. This one is quite a bit bigger than the guard shack. I burst through the door and am astonished at what I see.
The interior is a massive, dome-shaped cave. A concrete walkway hugs the perimeter of a naturally-formed, circular water pool in the center. It is as smooth as glass and is reflecting the ceiling of the cave. The water is stunningly clear and I can see all the way to the bottom, which must have been at least fifty feet down. No lights are visible, though the cave is alight with soft, earthy colors, and the water itself seems to produce its own light source. The beauty of this overwhelms me for a moment. I stand in awe and take it all in.
As if those visuals weren't enough, circular stones of varying sizes floated in the air at different heights above the water's surface. I jumped to test gravity and am disappointed to confirm that it is unaffected for me.
I begin to grab stones out of their state of gravitational immunity and skip them across the water. The ripples create a kaleidoscope of beautiful, distorted reflections and colors. At this point I am semi-lucid and thinking to myself that I would give anything to have full lucidity here, though it wouldn't come for a bit yet.

In being swept up by this beauty, I had forgotten all about the fact that I just murdered five men on a military installation. As expected, the door from which I entered the cave bursts open and four men come rushing in.
I run around the walkway and quickly realize that I cannot escape without facing them. I grab handfuls of the floating stones and throw them as hard as I can. Some hit and others do not. The men begin to do the same to me. I jump in the water and two of them follow. We grapple for a few moments as they attempt to drown me.
The melee becomes a hectic confusion of splashing, striking and shouting. The dream, or my memory of it fades slightly and my awareness continues at the point of my escape.
I am now at a lesser level of full lucidity and outside the cave. I appear to be facing a mountain range from my most-recent lucid dreamscape. The door from which I exited is built into the side of a mountain. The idea comes to me to attempt to fly away from the men who will no doubt find me in a moment. I take off and fly towards the top of a nearby mountain peak, but fall due to self-doubt as I did in my previous LD in this dreamscape.
Several more attempts are made, each ending with me falling down to a riverbank below. The impacts cause me no pain, however.
The dream fades slightly. My memory is of one man from the group finding me and pursuing me in an awkward, flying chase. The scene destabilizes.

The dream fades back in and I am still fully-lucid and outside the city library in my "homescape".

*you can read my thread about "homescapes" in the general board. I use that term to describe my home town that has been recreated in obscurity within my dreams. I visit it frequently in both lucid and non-lucid contexts. If you have experienced anything like it, I'd love to hear about it in detail :)*

"I know this place. I need to get to the train!" I think to myself, remembering that the white train running beneath the library has been a long-time goal of mine to visit while lucid.

*I've ridden it once while non-lucid and have been curious ever since to know where it can take me while in a lucid state. It does not exist in reality*

I rush to the nearest DC and ask them to show me the way to the underground terminal. We instantly teleport to the boarding platform. My excitement peaks as it pulls up, the familiar all-white and enigmatic train cars being a dead giveaway. The doors are white, corrugated metal, and the paint appears to be very old.
I panic when the train suddenly begins to depart, and I reach out and grab the door in front of me. To my surprise, the train stops and the doors open. I quickly step inside and the doors immediately close. The interior is not quite as I remember it from the first time, but I brush this off and take a seat as the only passenger in the car.
The seats are very worn, like a school bus that's been in service for 15 years. Torn, fake leather and a dull white color. The car itself is dimly lit, and its lights that shine onto the track are also dim.
For a moment, I feel fear. The ominously-dim lights upon the track leave the tunnel quite dark, and my imagination begins to run wild with the thought of this train being a different one. Perhaps it will lead me straight into some kind of horrific dreamscape?
At first, I leave my seat and sit on the floor between the seats, halfway shielding my vision from the ominous tunnel. This immediately strikes me as absurd. I'm lucid, I am in control.
A short ways down the track, I can see through the doors at the end of the car to the tunnel ahead and notice that the tunnel itself is getting smaller. I panic for a moment, thinking that the train will either crash or shrink, and that I'll be crushed. To my surprise, reaching the smaller portion of the tunnel causes everything to shrink, myself included.
The journey continues for a bit until the train slows down to a crawl as I near the next station. As it slows, the top of the car disappears. The seats remain in place and the train narrows and reconfigures itself to resemble a ride at Universal Studios. The train veers away from the tunnel tracks and off onto the boarding platform. I find myself sitting in the remnants of the train car, observing the other DC passengers scurrying about on the platform. They seem to be oblivious to the awkwardness of the situation.
I am quite disappointed as I begin to think that this particular train might not have been the one that I was hoping for.
* It was wonderful, however, that the train did exist in my homescape during my lucid state. The homescape changes slightly each time I visit, and I was relieved that the train station still remained.*

As I continue along, still in my seat, I rub my hands together to maintain stability.
I notice two children, a boy and a girl, playing on the platform along side the tracks. They are naked and this confuses me and I feel awkward because of their age. I look away for a moment and when I look back, a female in her twenties is next to them. She is dark-skinned and dressed in a seductive outfit. I immediately feel sexually aware, and this causes me to be apprehensive as sexual encounters nearly always cause me to destabilize.
She begins to walk parallel to my seat as I continue to observe the DC's on the platform. I struggle within, debating on whether or not to act on my impulses. After a few moments of contemplation, I reach out and touch her. She feels perfect and real and is seemingly careless of my advance. I continue to touch her as we both move together. My sexual desire becomes almost overwhelming but I resist further action.
Deciding that I can be satisfied with this limited indulgence and still maintain my lucidity, I ask her to sit next to me. She does, and we travel together along the obscure tracks through the platform. I see that we are headed back towards the tunnel and I'm thrilled with the hopes of continuing my original goal of taking the train wherever it may lead. However, my sexual desires cause my heart to race to the point beyond favorable and my lucidity destabilizes.

Method of entry: spontaneous

Dream aid: lucid dreaming track "The i-dreamer" by BinauralBrainwaves on YouTube
Went to sleep: 4:30pm

Woke up at 6:00 to replay the track before falling back asleep

Woke up into paralysis and relaxed

*edited for some typos :)*

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by Intrepid on 28 Apr 2013 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

mia

Re: Psychopathic Samurai riding a train

Postby mia » 28 Apr 2013 21:40

Jeeze ; perhaps you boys are watching too many violent movies? :shock:
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 28 Apr 2013 21:46

Eh, I've been having violent and bizarre dreams for at least 10 years now. I don't tend to put too much thought into it, as the same nights I'll have beautiful and profound dreams.
Dreams are fascinating to me regardless of the content or context. ;)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 28 Apr 2013 22:31

This lucid dream is amazing! The beautiful cave, and all the lights in it, that sounds quite spirutal. Color is food for the spirit ;) the way the rocks made colors as they hit the water, that is amazing! The train ride was interesting as well, congratulations on the long powerful LD, and thanks for sharing I enjoyed reading it :)
Epic sword fighting and beautiful caves. Sounds like a good balance!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Apr 2013 22:49

Oooo... I like this! Very lucid dreamlike. I like how you have described your perception of the varying degrees of lucidity. You remind me of Conan, the barbarian, at the beginning - and I thought I was bad.

The train appears to be a symbol of journey, perhaps a manifestation of a desire to get somewhere. I also understand the apprehension towards sexuality. I sometimes feel that in lucid dreams. I wonder if I'll cause a return to reality if I engage in sexual activity with an attractive dream character. Sometimes I just allow myself to go for it but do my best to make it last by being conscious of the pseudo-physical sensations and sensory amplification.

Thanks for sharing this adventure. It's quite descriptive. I can tell you were inspired by what you experienced.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 28 Apr 2013 23:09

I agree, Summerlander. The train indeed represents a journey for me, as I'm right in the middle of yet another decision that will alter the course of my life. My desire is to explore my entire homescape in the lucid state. There are so many fascinating places to go that I've seen while non-lucid. It should be quite interesting to make an attempt at picking out the symbolism packed inside such a meaningful dreamscape.
Sexual encounters, more so lately, have seemed to be a test for me. Three LD's back, about two weeks ago, I completely forgot to find the train while lucid in my homescape and instead chose to fool around with a female. I even thought to myself "you've wasted so much valuable clarity here...DO SOMETHING ELSE!"
It's so often the case that I miss amazing opportunities in my LD's. Perhaps it is more incredible that we can have such conscious awareness within our own dreams and have one experience be more profound than another. Maybe I should just be grateful that I'm LD'ing in the first place :)

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 28 Apr 2013 23:21

LucidLink..
Had I been full-lucid inside the cave, I would most definitely stayed there and explored. Lucid swimming is wonderful.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Apr 2013 09:13

You are already pretty much there in the lucid dreaming life style. The struggles you face are quite typical of us lucid dreamers. Set yourself the target of carrying out your missions and staying focused on important matters during certain lucid dreams and then perhaps dedicate other lucid dreams to fulfilling sexual fantasies. At least that's what I try to do.

Follow your code, samurai! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 06:47

I thought it was very interesting how you went from violence to beauty in this dream. Thanks for sharing it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”