Successful SSILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DeltaV

Successful SSILD

Postby DeltaV » 02 May 2013 09:22

I was awake. Yesterday, I read about the SSILD technique, and decided that it would be worth a try, so I did. The only part that didn't work was falling asleep. I tried to get myself to sleep, but my eyes were teary for some reason. I just decided to wait.

After a while, I still felt sleepy. I opened my eyes for a bit. I held my right hand over my head to check it (I was lying on my back, using my arm to keep the light out of my eyes). My hand was normal. From the corner of my eye, I could see the login screen of my laptop, a bluish glow. The laptop was silent, which I was happy with, as a noisy laptop could have made sleep even more difficult.

Something thought a thought to me.
I thought back.
The something responded.
I responded back.
Now I realized that the laptop was not supposed to be on, and that this was not reality. False Awakening! I thought loudly "I'm dreaming!"
A storming mess of random emotions coursed through me, and the dream ended.

False awakenings are awesome. I had a couple of them when I was a child. I was ill, and had a glass of water next to my bed in case I got thirsty. The result was me waking up, being thirsty but too drowsy to move, dreaming about picking up the glass of water, and waking up again, repeatedly.
I find it distressing that my hand looked normal. In all of the lucid dreams I've had, my hands didn't differ much from their real counterparts. In the first the fingers were melted together, the second had shorter fingers but only because I expected them to be like that, and in this one my hands are normal. I feel like can't use them as reliable reality checks anymore
On the other hand, the SSILD worked exactly like it should have. FA's seem to be common with this technique. I'm going to try this out every night, seeing as it seems reliable.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Je-Je

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby Je-Je » 04 May 2013 13:50

Please DeltaV, can you explain me the method. By reading the website you gave me, I was so inspired by the method.

What is the cycle;
4. Perform the "Cycle" quickly, repeat 4-6 times. This serves as a warm-up exercise so each step should be very short, a few seconds should be sufficient

For each cycle, i must do three things; "pay attention to the darkness behind your closed eyelids", "pay attention to your ears or what i hear", "pay attention to your body". I must repead the three things 4-6 times.

Correct me if im wrong.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 04 May 2013 16:38

Je-Je wrote:What is the cycle;
4. Perform the "Cycle" quickly, repeat 4-6 times. This serves as a warm-up exercise so each step should be very short, a few seconds should be sufficient

For each cycle, i must do three things; "pay attention to the darkness behind your closed eyelids", "pay attention to your ears or what i hear", "pay attention to your body". I must repead the three things 4-6 times.

Correct! The first part has you pay attention to what you see, the second to what you hear, and the third to what you feel.
For those who are interested in the technique:
http://cosmiciron.blogspot.nl/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 04 May 2013 20:03

Thanks DeltaV.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 06 May 2013 15:18

I'm going to try this. Curiosity always gets the best of me :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

danielnoor10

Postby danielnoor10 » 10 May 2013 17:03

before few months, I had a FA, but i didn't realised. At the evening, I woke up and found out the whole day was a dream!

mia

Postby mia » 10 May 2013 17:15

Has anyone else had success with this yet?
I may try it too.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 11 May 2013 01:29

mia wrote:Has anyone else had success with this yet?
I may try it too.

I tried it when DeltaV made this post and became lucid on my first try. Then the night after I wasn't sure if I became lucid or not. The next couple of nights I've had trouble staying focused on doing the cycle. I started practicing keeping my focus on the cycle this morning and so far I might have a chance to succeed again. So yeah, I recommend trying it.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

mia

Postby mia » 11 May 2013 02:08

I think I'll give it a go then. :)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 May 2013 02:31

I'm unable to check out the SSILD technique link at the moment but I take it that it is something like Michael Raduga's sensory-motor visualisation technique where he suggests that the practitioner should imagine movement of the body simultaneously with the sensation of holding an object and exploring a detailed environment for about ten seconds - it's best performed with the DEILD technique. If the imagination takes a slightly realistic turn, continue to persue it until you feel like you're really acting in that environment. If not, abandon it for a different technique.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”