Successful SSILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby HAGART » 22 Jun 2013 19:29

mia wrote:Yes. We all do have those images happening sometimes, in both forms: detached observation, or as emotionally involved 'nightmares'. Sometimes, I wonder why; and where do they come from?

As usual this went off tangent. I'll make a new post about it, because it is interesting but has nothing to do with SSILD. I'll pose some of these questions and see what happens.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 22 Jun 2013 20:02

HAGART wrote:(And when I said, Quentin Terantino would crap his pants, I didn't mean out of fear, but I would blow his mind and got some good material that make his movies look like child's play!

A man through a small hand cranked mincer?
Ew.
A man through a small hand cranked mincer in a Tarentino movie?
All of my money.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 24 Jun 2013 23:07

I tried to mold a DC into something during my SSILD the other morning and, quite suddenly, he kind of raged at all this transformation, and quickly jumped at me, while transforming himself into something "frightening".

I was lucid though, so... there was no way he could have frightened me :P I pushed him aside and he disappeared.

Still, it was startling. Anybody else experienced this?
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 25 Jun 2013 06:31

Sim B wrote:I tried to mold a DC into something during my SSILD the other morning and, quite suddenly, he kind of raged at all this transformation, and quickly jumped at me, while transforming himself into something "frightening".

I was lucid though, so... there was no way he could have frightened me :P I pushed him aside and he disappeared.

Goddarkit why don't I get LDs from this. All I get is gore and teeth dreams! Like last night, actually. This time about seven teeth have lost their sorry dental lives.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 02:21

Sim B wrote:I tried to mold a DC into something during my SSILD the other morning and, quite suddenly, he kind of raged at all this transformation, and quickly jumped at me, while transforming himself into something "frightening".

Ive certainly had DCs completely startle me before by doing the completely unexpected (eg one who I thought was just another boring not very intellegent DC so I was ignoring that she was there, suddenly snapped at me) during a LD, thou not one do exactly what yours did. The DC then proceded to laugh at me and make fun of my mishaps of the things I was screwing up in my LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Luna4277

Postby Luna4277 » 31 Jul 2013 20:40

I'm about to go deep into the SSILD method right now actually. On other sites, the CosmicIron guy stated that you can get tangible results in no more than 2 months. That's what caught me. Also the fact that it's incredibly easy. I think this deserves to definitely have an article on the WoLD website. Whether he ripped the idea off or not, its been made very clear that this technique works. People on this site as well as all of the others can attest to its validity. I can say myself that since I've tried it out, I've had a false awakening (of course i didn't realize until just now how strange I felt.) See, there's a difference between waking up for real and a FA. With an FA, you wake up with a strange feeling like something is off with the world but it's so faint that you don't bother with it and just go right back to sleep. With this technique you definitely get false awakenings so for the sake of those on the forum who wish to take LD induction one step further, it should be added.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 01 Aug 2013 18:25

I haven't practiced SSILD for a while now, because it affects me more than it should. Fully completing both the quick and the long cycles leaves me awake. There isn't even the case of a false awakening or anything, my thoughts just go crazy. I think that instead next night I'll only do a few short cycles, to experiment.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 02 Aug 2013 00:15

DeltaV wrote:I haven't practiced SSILD for a while now, because it affects me more than it should. Fully completing both the quick and the long cycles leaves me awake. There isn't even the case of a false awakening or anything, my thoughts just go crazy. I think that instead next night I'll only do a few short cycles, to experiment.

This is exactly what happens to me. I'm pretty much experimenting too. I hope to hear any results from you
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”