My first lucid dream (kind of auditory + weird) - WILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DreamStealer

My first lucid dream (kind of auditory + weird) - WILD

Postby DreamStealer » 11 May 2013 09:21

Hello fellow lucid dreamers (I finally can say that since I had my first one!), I'm a 16 year old teenage boy fascinated by the art of lucid dreaming and this is my very first post on this forum.

For a while now, I've been practicing lucid dreaming, as I was amazed by stories I had heard of people being aware that they're dreaming and gaining control of their dreams. But, despite the fact that I kept a dream journal, repeatedly questioned the fact that I was awake during the day, slept like I wanted to get up etc., it simply wouldn't work. So I went the only other way I knew would work; WILD.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I had been experiencing sleep paralysis quite a lot in the recent past but now I know the triggers (one of them was unstable sleep schedule) and I used to avoid it. But I read about the technique and I was like, this is for me. I know sleep paralysis can be kinda unpleasant sometimes (the hat man :lol:), but I decided, to Hell with it, since I can easily get out of it if I want to (I have trained). Long story short, I managed to do it lying on my belly. What did I manage to do? I stood still, with the focus on my closed eyelids.

After a while, I started seeing colors, then numbness kicked in. The colors started to get more intense and intense. Throughout this time, I, of course, reminded myself that I was dreaming so as to stay lucid. Fast forward one or two minutes later, it works! I get sucked into a dream with awareness maintained.

The "dream" basically was just a space vortex or something like that, and I was moving through it. But it quickly vanished into blackness (it wasn't that my eyes were just closed, I knew I was still dreaming). It remained like that until I tried imagining environments. I tried a couple of times, only to fail. I wasn't even able to imagine myself in the dream, thus I couldn't talk nor walk. What I did imagine, at last, was the set of Monday Night Raw (I thought to myself, what the Hell, let's give it a shot, since I love pro wrestling so much) and, to my surprise, it worked! I still couldn't get myself to appear. What I managed to do, though, was make the titantron video play and initiate some wrestler's music theme. Then I did the same with another wrestler. I was lucid the entire time.

As time went by, though, I couldn't keep the dream "stable," if you will, and the image collapsed. I tried to keep the audio playing till I woke up, though. I even managed to do a DJ-like effect and effectively make the first song sound like as if the Media Player had crashed :lol: as to further test my control over the dream. What do you think about this? Why wasn't I able to maintain the image or make myself appear and walk/talk for that matter? Please tell me so I can improve.

taniaaust1

Re: My first lucid dream (kind of auditory + weird) - WILD

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 May 2013 10:40

DreamStealer wrote: Fast forward one or two minutes later, it works! I get sucked into a dream with awareness maintained.

Congrats :)

As time went by, though, I couldn't keep the dream "stable," if you will, and the image collapsed. I tried to keep the audio playing till I woke up, though. I even managed to do a DJ-like effect and effectively make the first song sound like as if the Media Player had crashed :lol: as to further test my control over the dream. What do you think about this? Why wasn't I able to maintain the image or make myself appear and walk/talk for that matter? Please tell me so I can improve.

Its a case of practice.. one can experience all kinds of weird things.. you yourself not appearing that is rather unusual, what you experienced may of been more so hypnagogic imaginery.. I think you were almost there.. absorbed in the hypnagogic stuff. Often dream stabilization techniques need to be used to help make a LD last longer or maintain it. You may not have been in this dream well (hence inability to talk/walk) and that may of been part of the issue.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”