My second lucid dream: In need of some help?!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DreamStealer

My second lucid dream: In need of some help?!

Postby DreamStealer » 16 May 2013 10:26

Okay, this morning I had my second lucid dream. It was dream initiated. On to the dream now.

I was in a Japanese-like kind of world (you know, with the pink leaves and all that) and I was on a monster hunt of some sort (it wasn't a nightmare). As I was walking, an idea was planted to my mind all of sudden, and that was the fact that I may have been dreaming. As soon as I said out loud the phrase "I must be dreaming!", a monster that was in front of me turned into a huge-a*s bouncing panda and vanished. In addition, everything became more intense and vivid.

But, as it was the case with my first lucid dream, I suddenly lost my ability to talk, and my ability to walk was greatly reduced. I remember reading somewhere that if I closed and reopened my eyes, I could teleport to a different environment. Well, I kind of did it. What I basically did was insert some of my neighborhood houses into the Japanese world (I guess it's something).

Unfortunately, the dream started to collapse at that point. I tried to stabilize it by staying still and letting the hypnagogia (or whatever it's called) to suck me in again, but it was to no avail. I had woken up. Actually, not really. It was a false awakening.

In the false awakening I just had this idea in my head that it was all my brother's fault I had woken up, but when I found him sleeping in another room (we sleep in the same room in real life) and in a stupid sleeping position, it was then finally dawned on me that I wasn't really awake. Then I woke up frustrated.

Why is it that in the two instances (there is a thread with my first lucid dream somewhere on this forum) I gained awareness of the fact I was dreaming, I couldn't talk, and barely walk for that matter? Aren't you supposed to gain full control? When I become lucid, it seems for me to be the opposite. Like, I lose control (but I'm still aware) and the dream starts to collapse. Can you help me out? It seems I've found my dream signs, if you will, I just can't maintain a lucid dream successfully.

Thanks in advance.

LucidLink

Re: My second lucid dream: In need of some help?!

Postby LucidLink » 16 May 2013 12:10

DreamStealer wrote:Okay, this morning I had my second lucid dream. It was dream initiated. On to the dream now.

I was in a Japanese-like kind of world (you know, with the pink leaves and all that) and I was on a monster hunt of some sort (it wasn't a nightmare). As I was walking, an idea was planted to my mind all of sudden, and that was the fact that I may have been dreaming. As soon as I said out loud the phrase "I must be dreaming!", a monster that was in front of me turned into a huge-a*s bouncing panda and vanished. In addition, everything became more intense and vivid.

But, as it was the case with my first lucid dream, I suddenly lost my ability to talk, and my ability to walk was greatly reduced. I remember reading somewhere that if I closed and reopened my eyes, I could teleport to a different environment. Well, I kind of did it. What I basically did was insert some of my neighborhood houses into the Japanese world (I guess it's something).

Unfortunately, the dream started to collapse at that point. I tried to stabilize it by staying still and letting the hypnagogia (or whatever it's called) to suck me in again, but it was to no avail. I had woken up. Actually, not really. It was a false awakening.

In the false awakening I just had this idea in my head that it was all my brother's fault I had woken up, but when I found him sleeping in another room (we sleep in the same room in real life) and in a stupid sleeping position, it was then finally dawned on me that I wasn't really awake. Then I woke up frustrated.

Why is it that in the two instances (there is a thread with my first lucid dream somewhere on this forum) I gained awareness of the fact I was dreaming, I couldn't talk, and barely walk for that matter? Aren't you supposed to gain full control? When I become lucid, it seems for me to be the opposite. Like, I lose control (but I'm still aware) and the dream starts to collapse. Can you help me out? It seems I've found my dream signs, if you will, I just can't maintain a lucid dream successfully.

Thanks in advance.

I suffer the same problem! But only in some lucid dreams, I can barely talk and barely move. It's odd haha. I think we just have to beat it mentally, cause lucid dreaming is all about mental blocks.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

DreamStealer

Postby DreamStealer » 16 May 2013 14:03

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one suffering this type of problem. Is there anything I can do about it, though? It's so frustrating. I become lucid, only to lose control of myself in the dream (movement, speech), make some stupid stuff appear just for the heck of it (well, since I can't do anything else, what am I supposed to do since I know I'm dreaming?) and then wake up. I don't do any specific techniques or something, I mean, I just put myself to sleep. Focused, sure, but nothing more. Although I have tried WILD, with some success, it is just because I used to experience sleep paralysis alot in the past and have now gotten the hang of it. Any thoughts?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 May 2013 09:34

I thought tigerlily's post to you was a good one and should be of help.

After a LD always reality check when you wake up!! Get in the habit of doing that. Actually its a good habit to get into after any kind of dream.

ok.. if you cant walk.. try to float. You may be able to float or fly places still. Floating is easier then flying for many. Walking is hard? You could try to imagine a car is coming to pick you up and then go on a joy ride.

Unfortunately, the dream started to collapse at that point. I tried to stabilize it by staying still and letting the hypnagogia (or whatever it's called) to suck me in again, but it was to no avail.

IF moving isnt going to make you drop out of the dream, moving in the dream may be helpful to stabilize it.. eg rub something in the dream feeling its textile or grab hold of something in the dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”