First Lucid dream - dream within a dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

First Lucid dream - dream within a dream

Postby split5050 » 17 Oct 2011 14:17

Hi guys, just wanted to share my first proper taste of lucid dreaming. The very first time it happened i knew i was dreaming and my first instinct was to alter things around me. All i managed to do was to mute the guy who was annoyingly talking to me. But i couldnt do anything else. Last night, i was dreaming and in the dream i walked into my room and lay down on the bed and immediately went to another place - a strange sort of place that i didnt feel safe in. But i knew that i had just been on my bed and at that point i realised that this place was part of a dream. I became aware that i was dreaming and i had no reason to be afraid of anything and i had no reason to even stay there. I remember feeling so excited at that point and i decided to do what i had always wanted to do - to fly. It took me a little while to figure out ( a very bizarre mental battle - it felt like i had to not try to learn something new, but just to know that i already knew how) But oh my god - the feeling of acceleration straight up into the air was unbelievable - in fact for a little while thats all i was aware of - just the feeling of like g forces and wind. I became aware of where i was soon later and i tried to create a place to fly in but i couldnt do it - it was like i was flying through a kaliedoscope of colours - almost like one of those tubes you look into with strange colour patterns, where you twist the end of the tube to change the pattern and colours. All i could do in my dream was twist that tube, so to speak. I felt a little frustrated with my lack of control and very soon after that i woke up. Oh my god, what an experience it was. I havent stopped thinking about it all day. I didnt realise it at the time but it was clear when i woke that i became lucid in the "dream" that i had had within the original dream and i think that is how it came about for me. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Im sorry for the very long post but i really had to share this and i wonder what anyone thinks about my experience.

Re: First Lucid dream - dream within a dream

Postby MiaSnow » 21 Oct 2011 06:20

Congratulations! That sounds like a great experience. It is wonderful that you remembered to not be afraid, & I am impressed by your acceleration in flying & all the practice!

I think its a great sign for your future lucid dreaming that you were not afraid! And the colors you experienced... to me that sounds like one of the higher realms, if you believe in that sort of thing. Sounds heavenly to me!

Your disappointment about control struck a chord with me in the sense that I've been surprised how many things are not what I expect them to be or they don't respond like I thought they would.

That sounds like such a strong first lucid dream, especially since it occurred within a dream. How cool is that!. Best of luck to you!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”