Secret pyramid lucid dream..OBE?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LucidDreamer

Secret pyramid lucid dream..OBE?

Postby LucidDreamer » 02 Dec 2011 15:44

Hello all, this is my first post! There has been some strange happenings at night time, and I would much appreciate some help trying to interpret these dreams..so here goes!

(My most recent, confusing dream)

I fly over some land, totally aware I am dreaming. Below me are 3 huge solid gold pyramids, with lots of inscriptions and symbols. I land and take a closer look at the largest of the three. There is a large symbol, and below it a wheel with strange letters and within that wheel another with symbols.

I looked at the inscriptions for a while. The strange letters started to make sence to me, and I read an inscription on the pyramid that said 'TIME REMOVAL MACHINE'

For some time I just looked at the huge golden pyramid, although I was to scared to touch it! I pondered if it was a time machine or even some sort of nuclear bomb...the sky was a purple colour and the clouds moving far faster than they do on earth..

From there I ended up in a long coridoor with two beings, they was talking about the pyramid, but I couldnt understand what they was saying..I tried to, as I seemed to feel it was inportant, but had no clue as to what they was saying!

After the dream, I found a website with symbols. The symbol I saw above the wheel on the pyramid was the symbol for pi (the mathmatical symbol)

After a bit of searching the net, I found out that all the pyramids are built using pi , most of the information goes way over my head! I would never have known this, I know very little about pyramids and my maths is terrible, I knew I recognised the symbol, but had no idea it was pi. or even that pi-was linked to pyramids!

Any help with interpreting this dream would be fantastic!, Its been playing on my mind ever since, almost like a message!

Thank you for reading :)

LucidDreamer

Re: Secret pyramid lucid dream..OBE?

Postby LucidDreamer » 02 Dec 2011 15:45

This dream was lucid, I was aware I was dreaming..

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Dec 2011 16:05

In lucid dreams, our minds are capable of making associations that we normally wouldn't in the waking state. On the premises that we know more than we think we know, on a deeper level, your mind could have sussed out that pi is involved in the pyramidal design. Your maths may be terrible but it is only because you don't focus on that knowledge that is already within you. Think about how much maths you have been exposed to in a lifetime!

I can tell you that, after taking a course on literature and maths, I was able to remember things from childhood and wonder why I didn't have an interest then and why it had just slipped my mind. Being exposed to the whole process of relearning made me go "oh yeah, I remember learning about this before" several times. These memories probably would never resurface if I hadn't taken that recent course. Even the symbol for pi made me realise that I had come across it before! If someone had asked me about this knowledge without me having taken the course, I'd probably tell them that such things were never taught to me at school. You see where I'm going with this?

You may not know much about pyramids but you have heard about them and seen them somewhere. You know you will find some in Egypt. You know that their creators would have to have great mathematical knowledge and construction skills. During the lucid dream state, the brain becomes very active and a mishmash of thoughts and unusual associations can spawn great creativity. It would be a good idea to look at Stephen LaBerge's concept of schemas when it comes to dreams. It's truly fascinating how our minds work and yet not many give it credit. Instead, people usually posit that the fantastical things we encounter during altered states of consciousness must be the product of something mystical and paranormal whose existence is independent from ours.

Not long ago, Derren Brown demonstrated how we pick up on things we are not even aware of at the time. Things that later can be made aware to us in dreams (whether lucid or not). We are all about narratives, plots and imaginations. Our minds are experts at creating conceptual realities. We don't need them to exist elsewhere. It might also be worth looking into Carl Jung's personal and collective unconscious minds.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LucidDreamer

Postby LucidDreamer » 03 Jan 2012 14:31

Wow summerlander. Thank you, what a fantastic post.. :)

Im going to look into Carl Jung's personal and collective unconscious minds now! Im half way through a book by LaBurge and have found that I have even longer and can remember so many more lucid dreams. Ive also started a dream diary..

Last weekend, I had a dream that there was a fire in my house, my younger brother is living with me at the moment..and in the dream I told him to chuck a bucket of water on the fire.. I didnt think to much about it really, and wrote it in my dream diary as I do with all my dreams now...I was out the following evening and when I came home, my brother told me that a log had rolled off the fire and set fire to the side of the sofa...He used the mop bucket to put it out and the house was full of smoke..

Whilst I do like to try and keep my feet on the ground, and call this a coinsidence, who really knows what happens when we are asleep. Lately Ive been able to roll out of my body (or at least this is how it feels) and can look at myself sleeping in bed! ive also shared a lucid dream with a friend, and I find that mind exploding..

Anyway, for now I will keep reading up on dreams, and logging every one I have..I find this all fascinating! :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jan 2012 21:41

I find it fascinating that you appear to have experienced a precognitive element while dreaming because I have too and it was so accurate as to be spooky. Like yourself, I like to keep my feet on the ground but won't dismiss the possibility that there might be something more - perhaps an unexplored mechanism within reality - besides coincidence. Could we unconsciously know where we are going or are somewhat aware of how the fabric of space-time works which enables "glimpses" once in a blue moon?

Both lucid and non-lucid dreams can display this phenomenon. I also visited four people on separate occasions after a perceived separation from the body and found that I appeared to have perceived the "gist" of what they were doing or what they were thinking at the time.

All of this made me wonder if altered states such as dreaming and lucid dreaming facilitate both telepathy and precognition. The trouble is, ruling out coincidence and also the complexity of our brains. The mind, on a subconscious level, may do better than wild guessing...

On the other hand, it is worth looking at the theories put forth by Rupert Sheldrake with his hypothetical "M fields" and you might also want to check out an episode of Stanley's Superhumans where a man appears to predict the future via lucid dreaming. Perhaps the quantum mechanics inside our brains, which interact with the rest of the universe, hold more information than we can imagine and may leak revelations on a macro level. Theoretically. In this link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_universe

The special theory of relativity states that the future already exists and the brain of the future may resonate with the one at present in the same (or similar) fashion that the brain of the present could resonate and retrieve memories from the brain of the past (after all, memories or any trace of them are not found anywhere in the brain - just like the self). I know...only theories and a few observations...but quite interesting nonetheless! 8-)

Here are published reports on precognition by Newscientist:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19712-is-this-evidence-that-we-can-see-the-future.html
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20447-journal-rejects-studies-contradicting-precognition.html
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LucidDreamer

Postby LucidDreamer » 05 Jan 2012 11:48

Block universe/Eternalism seems similar to Budhism. Recently I learned to meditate, just after all the dreams started I attended a course at a Budhist Temple. I have since found meditation to have helped me enter lucid dreams. Budhists also believe you do leave your body when sleeping into your dream world, and that is just as real as this,but also that you should not control your dreams.

Also I was told, if you are ever in a bad situation (in the dream world) to pray to the god Kara. Now this I did use, once, when a lucid dream turned into a lucid nightmare I remembered this and thought I would give it a go. As soon as I Kara,I was up in the clouds, white all around me and a budhist temple apeared. I am not a budhist, but think its wonderful that my mind,just from a thought, from a word, turned the bad dream into something else.. I even laughed to myself in my dream..and although im not religious, I still thanked her and thats when I woke..

I have had several dreams that have been oddly precognitive. I once in a dream, visited two people in hospital. My uncle, and a friend..Both people I had not seen for over a year. I did mention the dream to my Mother the next day. Later on in the day, my mother recieved a call, my uncle had been taken into hospital. Both of us was very shocked, but I still thought maybe a coinsidence.. Still, I decided to phone should phone my friend. He had also been taken into hospital. Now, I have no expanation for that.. Even my Mum, the most sceptical person I know, had no words..

When is a dream not a dream but a vision? Can you see the future because it has already happening..? Or because it has happened already? Maybe its some sort of Telepathic link and you can sense someone is unwell ? Or just a big coinsidence!!

Thank you for the links. I started watching a very interesting documentry about Carl Jung last night. We do as a society dismiss dreams as nonsense..But the dream arises from a part of the mind unknown to us. I am starting to believe that dreams are far more important to us than we think. It will be interesting to look back on my dream diary in another 6 months, and will continue to Lucid dream and night wander as often as I can. ;)

It would be good to try and test yourself.. Im not really sure how though! Maybe get a friend to place a large object in their garden. Something you would not have seen before. And try and visit in a lucid dream and find the object? Sounds impossible, but would that not prove something? But then, what would it prove? Didn't the goverment use this to find bombs, think I read something somewhere once :lol:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Jan 2012 19:41

It is very tricky. Yesterday me and my wife carried out a simpler version of Bem's precognitive experiment using a list of words. I asked her to memorise four out of several and even write them down. Then, I cut out the words on a separate sheet of paper and scrunched them into little balls to be shuffled in a bowl. My wife picked four and the result was 3 out of 4 right.

What's more, she had got them in the right order as we unravelled them one by one. What is also amusing is that the word that she got wrong turned out to be "time".

How would one interpret this? Coincidence or unconscious precognition? Did her future brain resonate with the brain that was still picking words from the list? I've used the following analogy before to show how we define reality but here it is again:

In the geometric sense, a sphere has no face because "face" is defined as a planar surface. Homogeneously, however, there is a face. We can see it and think of it as a face even though it is curved. Likewise, the cone has one flat face (geometry) and a curved face outside the parameters of geometry (homogeneity).

Perhaps the same thing is going on in the case of apparent precognition and telepathy. As baffling as it may seem, both interpretations could be right. Coincidence could be at play while the event exists also as what we think it might be because we assign significance to it.

- Padmasambhava

LucidDreamer

Postby LucidDreamer » 06 Jan 2012 13:14

What a great idea! How funny that the word was 'time' too. Does your wife lucid dream also?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”