My first LD this morning

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Axs3831

My first LD this morning

Postby Axs3831 » 06 May 2011 18:35

Hi, I'd like to share this with you all ;)

It was my very first lucidity experience, I'm not counting the few accidental LD I had when I was a kid. So I just did the math, it's been exactly a week I know about LD, I've used all the advised methods as reality checks, state testing, relaxation, ... and I'm close to end up LaBerge's book, which I recommend btw ...

As a matter of truth, I woke up this morning and went back to bed 5 minutes later, but had hard time falling asleep for it was cold ( I could complain about Montreal weather for long ). The beginning of my dream was extremely blurred, I was talking with a girl and a guy about hobbies and I was about to tell them I was not that much interested in TV, I'd rather surf on the internet and discover topics and new stuff, which is quite true. Then I knew the girl wanted to say something about dreaming, I felt something was wrong. First I recognized that the guy was my flatmate, but no idea about who the girl was. Then I tried to have my left index finger go across my right hand ( odd fact, it's not my usual RC ). It worked, I got lucid for a second and then it all started to fade away. I tried hard to gather my two hands to rub them but I could not, and in few seconds, I was in my bed, eyes wide open, and felt totally awaken ( not the tiring and dazed sensation you first have when you wake up )

Now the fun part : I agreed with myself that first time I get lucid, I would first of all rub my hand in order to obtain clarity and have an evil laugh meanwhile ( you know the "Muahahahahahaha" ) as a celebration. Once I got lucid, it started instantly to fade and I could not gather my hands, but I'm pretty sure that I heard my roommate having MY evil laugh as watching me losing my awareness.

Here it is, I'd read with pleasure your comments and advices.
Last question, do you think temperature plays a role in LD ? Can you relate more LD during cold or hot nights or else ?

jkemeny

Re: My first LD this morning

Postby jkemeny » 06 May 2011 21:45

Congrats! I too do the hand check/reality check thing in my dreams. I tend to have more lucid dreams in the winter than summer. I think this is because I am more focused on having lucid dreams in the winter.Summers are so busy with physical activities. I'm not sure that the temp has anything to do with it. Continued success with your dreaming!

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 14 May 2011 05:02

Well done on your first lucid dream! One week is very good.

I don't know why the dream faded so soon but it's probably connected to the fact that it was your first lucid dream and it wasn't quite stabilized yet. Hearing your roommate do the evil laugh is a really good sign because that's what you told your subconscious you wanted to do. You programmed your dream - which bodes well since you want to be a lucid dreamer.

Just one thought, remember to stay calm while you do the evil laugh thing :D You don't wanna wake yourself up with excitement, which is what I used to do when I first had lucid dreams. I got way too shoutey - 'I'm lucid! I'm lucid! WOOOO!' Now I just calmly say "I'm lucid." and this is a good spoken anchor. Your devious laugh could have the same effect as long as it's controlled.

Thanks for sharing - I'm sure this will help other beginners with understanding what to expect of their first lucid dream :D

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 15 May 2011 17:32

Bravo, if I can pull my first off in a week, I'd be very impressed!
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Axs3831

Postby Axs3831 » 23 May 2011 22:49

Thanks Rebecca and Jkemeny !
Hi Dreamsphere, I wish you good luck to achieve your first LD ( if it isn't done yet ;) ) I'm a beginner too and I believe that the more you read about LD, the best chances you give yourself to succeed. Spend some time on online articles, I suggest that you visit Rebecca's site, which was the first one I discovered and one of the most accurate and pleasant IMO. Get some books too, keep concentrated on daily reality checks, practise meditation or relaxation, and feel free to ask advices from experimented dreamers. Have fun !

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”