First lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Mithril

First lucid dream

Postby Mithril » 08 Jan 2012 03:20

The first time I had a lucid dream was 2 years ago, when I went through a brief period of working on it. It came fairly early after I started trying (I'm having no such luck this time around).

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. When I was little, I pretended Harry Potter a lot. My favorite character is Remus Lupin, and he recurs in a ridiculously large number of my dreams. Anyway, I was in the Shrieking Shack, as if I were in a pensieve. I turn and see a man in the doorway of the room I'm currently exploring. It's Remus, I thought. Then, "wait. Remus doesn't have glasses..." The dream zoomed into focus as I became lucid. The man/Remus was staring through me. I walked up to him, feeling very afraid for some reason. Then my mind tried to wake up and stay in the room at the same time. I could feel the strain and almost felt like I was splitting. I rose through a fog of flashing lights until I woke up.

Could the pain I have felt be keeping me from having lucid dreams now? I've been consciously trying for 3 weeks now, and nothing.

lucidinthe sky

Re: First lucid dream

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Jan 2012 03:34

Keep at it and don't give up. I wish I could say that 3 weeks is a long time to be working on it, but it's really not that long. It can take a while longer, but whatever time it takes it's worth it so keep going!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 09 Jan 2012 14:10

Try doing waking reality checks to start. I did this off and on for about two months, became discouraged after no lucid dreams happened, and then 4 days ago I had my first lucid dream in over 10 years. What was the first thing I remembered to do?...look at my hands as I'd done for those few months prior. It worked so well that I must have done it 6-8 times in a very short time while dreaming to remain focused. Also, try taking a nap in mid afternoon and setting an alarm for every 8-20 minutes. This can cause your body to anticipate waking and stay alert during REM sleep.

Mithril

Postby Mithril » 14 Jan 2012 04:04

I have been doing reality checks for a few weeks... at least, before I got back to college, where it now ends up being 2 reality checks a day. I've also tried WILDS, but the feeling of losing control scares me and I wake up again. Or, I realize I'm about to drift off and am seeing hypnagogic imagery and I'm like "Hey! hypnagogic imagery!! Wait... I'm awake now..." XD I'm just surprised by how easily it came the first time I started studying lucid dreaming and how hard it's proving now.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”