I Need to know whats happening to me

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
maik04

I Need to know whats happening to me

Postby maik04 » 01 Apr 2012 03:16

Well this is how everything starts but before everything let apologize for my broken English.
ok 2 days ago y was trying to go to sleep, i have a sleep disorder so most of my times when i go to sleep is because I'm fully exhausted, well i remember i was truly concentrated in going to sleep when i notice my goes on black i forgot about going to sleep and suddenly my vision was all blurred and i fell really light and i try to get out off bed and then suddenly i remember about going to sleep then i fell pulled into my body then i couldn't move so i had to do like a shake to go and abruptly wake up. same happens around every 30 mins till i go to sleep because i passed out, today same happen but in one time i think i saw my body after that i didn't got pulled in in to my body but i had to shake roughly to wake up and again when to sleep till i passed out. if u know whats happening to me tell me and also is it safe to bring friends over? i got friends always coming during weekends but i don't want them to get involved in this.

Snaggle

Re: I Need to know whats happening to me

Postby Snaggle » 05 Apr 2012 09:11

Two days days I was trying to go to sleep, I have a sleep disorder so most of my times when I go to sleep is because I'm fully exhausted. I was truly concentrating on going to sleep, when I noticed my [vision] goes black. I forgot about going to sleep. Suddenly my vision was blurred I felt really light, I tried to get out of bed. Suddenly I remembered about going to sleep, then I felt pulled into my body and couldn't move. I had to shake my body to abruptly wake up. The same thing happens about every 30 minutes until I go to sleep because I passed out.

Today the same thing happened, but I saw my body. After that I was not pulled into my body, still had to shake roughly to wake up. This continued until I passed out. if you know what happened to me tell me please. Also is it safe to bring friends over? My friends always come over on weekends, but I don't want them to get involved in this.- Snaggle's paraphrase

What's your native language? This sounds like a combination sleep paralysis and out of body experience, you should ask Peter and Summerland about it.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Apr 2012 16:31

Snaggle is right. It definitely sounds like a sleep paralysis episode which lead to a perceived separation from the physical body. The sensations experienced can seem absolutely real.

In that state of consciousness, when sensory input from the physical world is scarce, space perception is filled with realistic phantom experiences that can often exhibit hyperreal quality.

Sleep paralysis can lead to the world of lucid dreams. A return from such world can also make you realise that you are in sleep paralysis.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Apr 2012 20:47

I used to do that when I was exhausted, what happens is that you are going to sleep with holding onto awareness or normal consciousness and exactly what you experience will happen- SP, OBE and some odd feelings and maybe some hallucinations as well. Dont be concerned about it and if you want try to observe what is going on with the part of you mind that is aware and you might end up in a LD. this way you will begin to understand that is all normal in its own way and can make use of the events

Keep us posted

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

okta87

Postby okta87 » 06 May 2012 16:40

you need to stay calm when you experience this.
this is how a wake-initiated lucid dream begins, if you can stay calm you will have a lucid dream

Return to “Sleep Disorders”