What happened?

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
GodlySmith

What happened?

Postby GodlySmith » 20 Nov 2013 19:07

I want to say this was a night terror but I am not sure, this happened about 4-5 years ago.

I was about 11 and a half, I'm almost 16 so the years seem about right. Anyways I can remember this beccause it scared the hell out of me and made me scared to sleep. I was awake but everything seemed super far away, like in movies where the person stands somewhere and all of a sudden everthing gets far away. I always had slept with my hall light on, I could see the light but someone who looked like my dad put something really heavy on me not allowing me to move, I then was in a sudden state of panic. It was freaking me out everything seemed to sort of slow down and get far away and some sort of little people kept coming up to my taking something off of me and running away. I then I guess snapped out of it and ran down stairs terrified to my father who was playing video games in our living room.

What the hell happened I never even thought about it till I looked up what a night terror was. Anyone any ideas?

HAGART

Re: What happened?

Postby HAGART » 21 Nov 2013 05:08

It sounds a lot like sleep paralysis or 'Old Hag' Syndrome.
GodlySmith wrote:someone who looked like my dad put something really heavy on me not allowing me to move, I then was in a sudden state of panic.

I've had sleep paralysis nightmares too, and can feel like someone is there pushing down on you, or feel a weight on my legs or back. It can certainly be terrifying if you never experienced it before. Some people even claim to see 'little green men' when it happens, which may explain the 'little people' you saw.

Sleep paralysis can happen when you fall asleep quickly, and enter a dream that takes place in your own bed without realizing you have already fallen asleep. You are still aware of your body as you are in a dreaming state. And the feeling of weight on your body is apparently do to muscle atonia (or sleep paralysis which is natural, but we are seldomly aware when it happens).

In my opinion, that was a sleep paralysis nightmare.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 05:56

Some people even claim to see 'little green men' when it happens, which may explain the 'little people' you saw.

Surprising actually people rarely report seeing "little green men" during this kind of experience thou I have heard "little people" during such experiences. Interetingly certain being types seen to be more attached to these kind of experiences then others (grey beings are another type of beings which are often connected to these or of cause the old hag entity).

It isnt unusual as far as alien stuff goes for people to report more then one kind of being present during such events. Human or human like people and another kind of entity. So it was interesting this thread poster did post that.

Was it real or not? who knows.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

fredyfut21

Postby fredyfut21 » 02 Dec 2013 21:03

At first, sorry my English ... my question is : twice a week i felt paralyse in my dreams , like i cant move... i m seeing mysel and i made so mutch strong to move but simply cant ... its a horror... my girlfriend says that fells me like a rock... Now every time i go to sleep i m afraid, i cant explain... sometimes when that happens i have to kepp calm and concentrate just to keep breathing... im scaird and dont know how to deal with... thank you .

Return to “Sleep Disorders”