HELP - Possession-level Lucid Nightmare - Very frightening

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
RickBross

HELP - Possession-level Lucid Nightmare - Very frightening

Postby RickBross » 14 Jan 2014 18:43

So last night, I had this lucid dream. I knew I was dreaming, but I could not get out of it.

The dream took place in a number of random rooms and areas that seemingly had no significance to the dream.

I would be walking or talking, and then all of a sudden my body would get dragged into a corner of the ceiling, or across the floor, or up into the air and slammed back down.

I had no control over this, and it lasted for a very long time it seemed. With all my strength I would try to move against it, but this invisible force would warp and bend my body into all sorts of different, and very painful, ways like I was a rag doll.

As if the hand of god was rolling me around and pressing me into the ground or onto the wall of a room very very hard.

This is really frightening, and I feel like this isn't the first time I have had this dream, though I can't remember a specific instance.

Funny thing is, I was sleeping at a good friends house after consoling her about her husband left her and their child earlier that day.

I meditate daily, am very interested in metaphysics and the esoteric. Through meditation, I believe I am starting to become more and more sensitive to peoples energy, and maybe that I had picked up the "bad vibes" that were around.

Any thoughts? Any precautions that I could take to make sure it didn't happen again? It's the most frightening thing that has ever happened to me in a dream. I felt possessed. Nothing evil, satanic, or demonic, but something had control over me and it DID NOT like me.

The distortion of my body, is very similar to the things I have felt when hallucinating due to a very high fever.

With the fever, my sense of shape would twist and distort. My sense of size could be manipulated to make me feel as small as an ant, or as large as a 20 story building. Sometimes I would feel as if I was twisting around in a cyclone shape, even though I knew I was laying in my bed, under covers, sweating my ass off.

Is there a term for this distortion of perceived shape and size?

torakrubik

Re: HELP - Possession-level Lucid Nightmare - Very frighteni

Postby torakrubik » 15 Jan 2014 03:21

I'm not sure anything paranormal was going on here. What you describe is similar to dreams I get when I'm ill with fever - the seemingly endless, repetitious nightmares.
Emotions are very strong in dreams and very occasionally we're bound to experience a particularly negative dream.
I might be making a very loose connection here but I find my dreams are odd when sleeping in an unfamiliar place, and usually the disturbing kind of odd :P
Aside from this, I'm not sure of any ways to stop it, I'd say it will probably not happen again, or if it does, not for a long time.
Dreaming is my drug

LucidityMaster

Re: HELP - Possession-level Lucid Nightmare - Very frighteni

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 03:36

Lucid nightmares can be extremely vivid and frightening.

Usually the best thing to do when you experience any conflict in a lucid dream is:

1- repeat to yourself a mantra to remain calm

2- try to dream spin, or create some form of motion

3- remain completely still as your dream subsides

4- you may have the opportunity to enter another lucid dream

This is known as the dream chaining technique.

Return to “Sleep Disorders”