Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4067
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby Summerlander » 05 Jul 2015 11:03

wolu wrote:if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?


My brain didn't exist prior to my conception therefore there is nothing for me to remember from that time. Likewise, at death I will cease to exist and therefore will not perceive anything that can subsequently be remembered (or/and forgotten). I say this with great conviction because neuroscience has clearly revealed to us that all mental faculties can be expunged through brain damage or malfunction. Damage one brain region and you could lose your memory; another, your identity; another, the power to understand language; another, the power to recognise faces; another, the power to see and so forth. As you can see, our brains are computerised and we are nothing but biological machines. There is no evidence -- none whatever! -- that souls, gods and the hereafter exist. Once you die, you are worm food if you're not pulverised in a crematory. To conclude, I believe your argument has been duly inpugned and thus rendered invalid. :mrgreen:

wolu wrote:that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.


Massive leap of faith here, don't you think? I suppose we also don't understand Thor, the bogeyman, the fairy godmother, and the flying spaghetti monster. :-D

wolu wrote:there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.


There is also next life? What evidence do you have for this? None! Zilch. I think you are the one imagining things. :-)

wolu wrote:for example :Your father existed before your birth. you cannot say that before your birth your father don,t exists.


I know my father existed before me because if he didn't I wouldn't be here in the first place. Secondly, there are pictures of him existing prior to my birth, where he looks younger. Your logic and your analogies are very weak and fallacious! What a strawman this is! :-D

wolu wrote:So you have to ask from mother, "Who is my father?" And if she says, "This gentleman is your father," then it is all right. It is easy.Otherwise, if you makes research, "Who is my father?" go on searching for life; you'll never find your father.


Er... DNA testing? :mrgreen:

wolu wrote:( now maybe...maybe you will say that i will search my father from D.N.A, or i will prove it by photo's, or many other thing's which i will get from my mother and prove it that who is my Real father.{ So you have to believe the authority. who is that authority ? she is your mother. you cannot claim of any photo's, D.N.A or many other things without authority ( or ur mother ).


LOL! Again, very weak. If your mother is telling the truth about possible candidates, one will be scientifically proved to be the father. This no longer relies on the maternal authority as science is universal and a disinterested method of inquiry. The reality of DNA does not lie and relies on no sentient beings to fabricate it. Your reasoning is flawed and stands rebutted here. :mrgreen:

wolu wrote:if you will show D.N.A, photo's, and many other proofs from other women then your mother. then what is use of those proofs ??} )


What is the use? What??!! :-D
DNA is reality. It can be verified and peer-reviewed by many people to be the case. It is undeniable and proves paternity beyond all shadow of a doubt. 8-)

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are No illicit sex, No gambling, No drugs ( No tea & coffee ), No meat-eating ( No onion & garlic's )


LoL! I know people who have followed this recipe and remained depressed! :-D

wolu wrote:5th thing is whatever you eat `1st offer it to Supreme Lord Krishna. ( if you know it what is Guru parama-para then offer them food not direct Supreme Lord Krishna )


Abject prostration. Servility. A sadomasochistic relationship with an imaginary being. Self-delusion. And your master, all the while, thinks for you. You accept what you are told without question. 8-)

wolu wrote:and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".


:mrgreen:

wolu wrote:if you still don,t believe on me then chant any other name for 5 Min's and chant this holy name for 5 Min's and you will see


Done it. I still don't believe you. :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RobertForsythe
Posts: 89
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby RobertForsythe » 03 Mar 2016 04:28

Summerlander wrote:
wolu wrote:if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?


My brain didn't exist prior to my conception therefore there is nothing for me to remember from that time. Likewise, at death I will cease to exist and therefore will not perceive anything that can subsequently be remembered (or/and forgotten). I say this with great conviction because neuroscience has clearly revealed to us that all mental faculties can be expunged through brain damage or malfunction. Damage one brain region and you could lose your memory; another, your identity; another, the power to understand language; another, the power to recognise faces; another, the power to see and so forth. As you can see, our brains are computerised and we are nothing but biological machines. There is no evidence -- none whatever! -- that souls, gods and the hereafter exist.


So then Summer, how do you explain the scientific evidence showing that a 50 year old man can have half his brain removed yet he can still demonstrate past recall at 100% the level he tested at prior to surgery when his entire brain was intact? Why did he not lose half his memory? I believe this has been tested on patients where the left half is removed and in other cases where the right half is removed... going forward certain specific functions are impaired but long term recall is similar in both cases.

...?...?

Where are those memories stored?
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz
Posts: 314
Joined: 28 Nov 2014 10:55

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby Enra Traz » 03 Mar 2016 12:43

I don't know where you got that piece of sensationalism but I can see why a gullible mind such as yours is mesmerised by it. First of all, memories are not stored; they are not like files in a computer. I said the brain is computerised, not exactly like a computer--here's another example of your inability to make linguistic distinctions! Every time you remember something it is a reconstruction of some past experience. The brain state is never the same hence why memories are not exactly accurate and why you get false memory syndrome.

Secondly, the brain has neuroplasticity and can reconstruct itself given enough time and depending on the type of damage/trauma. Third, neuroscience has pretty much established that everything about the mind is expungeable via cerebral damage or malfunction. Deliberately hit a specific area of the cortex and you might impair your thinking, your memory, the power to name objects, to recognise faces etc.; you may even lose consciousness! If the brain is destroyed, you do the math, genius! :-D

Finally, to imply that half one's memory should be gone if half a brain is removed is a ludicrous proposition! Your making the assumption that the entire brain represents memory and removing half will remove 50%! :lol:

Be honest ... you are so eager for me to slip you didn't think it through, did ya? Maybe you're not cut out for online debates, Robert. You should just quit or stick to reporting your dreams in the Paranormal section. Neuroscience is different from ghost stories! :mrgreen:

RobertForsythe
Posts: 89
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby RobertForsythe » 03 Mar 2016 19:27

Enra, you did not answer the question. You did however indulge your penchant for hurling baseless insults and false accusations.

The question Enra is -- Where are the memories stored?

Neuroplasticity does not explain this observation. This has already been dismissed in the literature (which you are apparently unaware of?... how can this be?! It is easy to find -- just ask if you need help).
How would the brain know that it needs to slide memories over to the other side? How would it know ahead of time that it needs to do this?... as the scalpel is slicing away?... it just instantaneously moves a lifetime of memories to another location that it somehow knows is not going to get sliced away? I mentioned that this has been observed in both left and right hemisphere removal and this lack of memory loss is repeatable in both cases as well as in numerous other partial brain removal operations.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz
Posts: 314
Joined: 28 Nov 2014 10:55

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby Enra Traz » 03 Mar 2016 20:58

Are you able to read? Memories, as I explained to you, are not stored. You get representations of sensory input which change over time. My explanation should have shown you why your question is fallacious to begin with.

Also, I didn't say neuroplasticity is responsible for memory, but I pointed out that the brain has this property to make you understand why it is not like a computer in this respect. Do you have problems with syntax or are you just obtuse in nature? :-D

And I can't believe that you just asked, 'How would the brain know that it needs to send memories to the other side?' :lol:

And you call yourself a scientist ...

Before the trauma that led to its unfortunate detachment, wasn't the brain interconnected? No sending needed to occur. And what would be sent? What do you think memories are anyway? Intangible pieces of ectoplasm? :-D

How about the cases where a single blow to the head is enough to wipe everything including the memory of your identity? Think about that one as I get your attention to another fallacy in your post: memory of an entire lifetime. Nobody remembers their entire lives and only a few display a remarkable memory that exceeds our best expectations. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

RobertForsythe
Posts: 89
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby RobertForsythe » 03 Mar 2016 22:14

And I can't believe that you just asked, 'How would the brain know that it needs to send memories to the other side?' :lol:

And you call yourself a scientist ...


Ummm, Enya... that is the question that entire teams of neuroscientists are asking themselves. "Where are the memories stored?"
That is not my question. That is the question being asked and discussed in the literature. And the "movement of memories" to another part of the brain was an actual hypothesis put forth by a group of those scientists.

You apparently have no knowledge of this entire field of work, despite your pretense at near omniscience concerning the brain.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4067
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby Summerlander » 04 Mar 2016 01:23

I don't pretend to know nearly everything about the brain but you certainly do by positing that 50% of one's memory should be removed if half the brain is gone.

I'm only going to say this one last time: memories are not like files that can be stored inside a computer. They are close reconstructions of past brain states begotten by sensory input. This is a fair neuroscientific statement. I don't know where you got that question but I'd like to see the scientific source. If a scientist has asked that question it certainly isn't in the context or sense that you are thinking and no amount of obfuscation on your part will convince anyone. Scientists are well known for not always employing the best language; for instance: 'observation' in the double-slit experiment means 'measurement' and Einstein used the word 'God' to describe how they universe worked even though he was an atheist.

I think you are still living in the past century when it comes to memory. Trust me, I subscribe to Newscientist and I read a lot. Once sensory input effects the brain and a brain state encodes the information, patterns of synaptic connections are started and can either be reinforced or faded with time. (A fitting analogy: like water flowing through hoses--if they are not used, they remain dry and thin.)

Hence why you can't always remember what you want and why memory becomes easier by association. (The interconnectedness I was referring to earlier.)

I hope you are learning, old man. Time's ticking and Summerlander is here to help you. ;-)

On a different note, the puzzle of how the brain generates consciousness remains and memory interrelates with it. We may 'remember' (subconsciously) a lot more than we think we do but information isn't always illuminated by consciousness. And sometimes we feel that we know we know (on the tip of our tongues, so to speak) but we just can't fully recall. It's an odd feeling and it gets weirder when someone tries to help us by suggesting answers and we just know it isn't what they are saying even though we don't yet know what we ate looking for in memory.

The brain has to wait for those old 'hoses' to fill before the neural gestalt feels it to generate the software of consciousness. In this sense, it is like a computer. You look for the software imagery inside one and you won't find it. But if you understand the hardware you will comprehend how the luminous 'magic' comes about on the screen.

Anyway, needless to say--and to be more pertinent to this topic that for some reason was revived--once the brain is destroyed, there is no memory, no self and no consciousness. Awareness dissipates and one is dead in every sense of the word. :-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RobertForsythe
Posts: 89
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby RobertForsythe » 04 Mar 2016 06:31

I don't pretend to know nearly everything about the brain but you certainly do by positing that 50% of one's memory should be removed if half the brain is gone.


I didn't posit that.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz
Posts: 314
Joined: 28 Nov 2014 10:55

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby Enra Traz » 05 Mar 2016 19:57

Sure. If course you didn't. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

RobertForsythe
Posts: 89
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby RobertForsythe » 06 Mar 2016 03:35

Well then... Quote me exactly and show where I "posited" that.

I merely asked a question based on the discussion in the literature. And this does not imply that I thought I knew anything close to "nearly everything about the brain" )

Logical Fallacy; Argumentum ad absurdum

You are so totally wallowing in the losers camp, Summer... totally.... And I have won this debate umpteen times with you.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe


Return to “Sleep Disorders”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest