Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
ThePurple

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby ThePurple » 06 Mar 2016 03:57

RobertForsythe wrote:Well then... Quote me exactly and show where I "posited" that.

OOH! Can I do it?
RobertForsythe wrote:So then Summer, how do you explain the scientific evidence showing that a 50 year old man can have half his brain removed yet he can still demonstrate past recall at 100% the level he tested at prior to surgery when his entire brain was intact? Why did he not lose half his memory?

(Mis)naming logical fallacies doesn't actually prove anything.

Argumentum ad lapidem. I can use Wikipedia too.

~

Edit: damn, nice ninja edit, forsythe!

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 06 Mar 2016 04:32

That does not even come CLOSE to positing the claim made. Not even close.
Are you daft?

Please show how it demonstrates that I "posited" the claim made by Enra.

[naming a logical fallacy has meaning when it is accurate... and you can back it up when challenged... which I do and have already done in the case you cited... so either refute the point I made or stop pretending you have half a clue]
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 06 Mar 2016 08:15

This is the black hole of unreason we are getting sucked into and wasting our time, ThePurple. You won't be able to have a constructive conversation with this guy. ^^

[ Post made via Android ] Image

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 06 Mar 2016 10:11

RobertForsythe wrote:Are you daft?

Yes :lol:

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 06 Mar 2016 17:36

Enra Traz wrote:This is the black hole of unreason we are getting sucked into and wasting our time, ThePurple. You won't be able to have a constructive conversation with this guy. ^^

This would be true if your definition of "a constructive conversation" is getting people to agree with your false notions and irrational thought processes.

If someone asks question X based on extant discussion by experts in the field it does not even remotely imply that he is "positing" X. Your claim was FALSE, Enra/Summer, and it has been shown that your argumentation is riddled with false claims.

On the bright side you have actually learned something. You now know that thousands of years ago ancient philosophers knew the Earth was not flat and some even knew that the Earth rotated on its axis. I corrected your false statement and provided evidence to back up my claim -- something you often fail to do. I suspect that you now also know in your heart that it is more rational to hypothesize that a creator created creation and atheism is actually the less rational position, though I doubt you will admit it.

Also, for all the innocent people who have endured your verbal abuse and boorish insults it has been shown that you are Chronically Irrational and nowhere nearly as well educated as you pretend to be.

So from another point of view these debates you are losing have been very constructive.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 06 Mar 2016 19:59

ThePurple wrote:
RobertForsythe wrote:Are you daft?

Yes :lol:

By Robert's standards we might as well all be daft. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 15 Mar 2016 15:20

Why do people keep saying "know in your heart"? We now have enough understanding of anatomy to know that one doesn't think (or love, or that matter) with one's heart. It's baffling how this remains in English lexicon.

Summerlander now knows in his *limbic system* that the magic sky man is real.

:mrgreen:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Mar 2016 17:39

I know it and it is as painful as my bloody haemorrhoid. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Z0rb

Postby Z0rb » 25 Mar 2016 01:39

I liked much of what Enra Traz said. Thank you.

Right now I'm reading a book called: The Future of the Mind written by Michio Kaku. I'm enjoying it a lot, he uses a very simple writing to newbies.
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Jun 2016 21:56

I might check that one out, too. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Sleep Disorders”