First SP. Am I doing right?

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
Unintended

First SP. Am I doing right?

Postby Unintended » 23 Oct 2016 07:57

I have only had one lucid dream in my life, quite recently. Now I always dream about lucid dreaming, although it looks like I don't catch the clue... :lol: I was very worried because of the increased likelihood of suffering SP, so I read lots of stuff about the issue. Now I think reading, thinking, and being worried about it should be regarded as risk factors for suffering a sleep paralysis. :cry:
This morning, I woke up from a dream, and I couldn't move. I heard a dog running. I wasn't scared or anything; in fact, I found it amusing. Then I tried the face-scrunching-snarling-and-squinting method. It didn't seem to work, so I tried to wiggle my fingers. It took several seconds to completely woke up.
Well, I think I have done many things wrong in this story... First of all, how can I avoid suffering it? Is it all with my subconscious? And if it happens, why didn't the method work? I might have done it wrong, or something... If somebody has successfully used it, please tell me about it.

Dane

Re: First SP. Am I doing right?

Postby Dane » 30 Oct 2016 09:58

Unintended wrote:... First of all, how can I avoid suffering it? Is it all with my subconscious? And if it happens, why didn't the method work? I might have done it wrong, or something... If somebody has successfully used it, please tell me about it.

You can't avoid it, happens every night with everybody, you just never realised it because you were not conscience at the moment.
to say suffering it, is overreacting since there is nothing to fear, and there is also nothing actually happening.
instead of a dog, you get to meet some creepy daemons and those folk, but they are as real as pink unicorn's.
non-existent, hallucinant and all within your own mind.

you say the technique didn't work, but you wiggled some fingers and/or toes and after a couple of seconds your body woke up too.
seems like it is working.
some people write with a pen, while others use a pencil.

Fear not, but enjoy the absurdity of your mind truely private ;)
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Unintended

Re: First SP. Am I doing right?

Postby Unintended » 01 Nov 2016 10:13

Thank you. I hadn't realised that everybody is different, so the stuff that is "100% effective" for somebody may not work at all for others, or vice versa... Well, I have felt relieved of all that stress since I had that SP, so now I regard it as something that "had to happen". That time, I felt relaxed, happy. I would even say I enjoyed it. I just wondered if another time my mind would put scarier things around... I think I have never had a dream so scary as to wake me up, so maybe I have a limited creepiness :lol:
Also, I have just had my second lucid dream. Only have to stabilize them...

Return to “Sleep Disorders”