Well, here's what not to do

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
Miraris

Well, here's what not to do

Postby Miraris » 21 Nov 2016 22:52

1. Overdose on caffeine and a bit of alchohol, which will have you run around and stay awake all night - perhaps even up to 36 hours.
But hey, as a beginner, the next time you get some sleep you'll remember three wild dreams, hooray! (No, seriously; don't do it. Lesson learned.)

Edit: Adding... 2. Go to sleep with an empty stomach.
Last edited by Miraris on 22 Nov 2016 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
"The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings"
- Wendell Berry

Summerlander

Re: Well, here's what not to do

Postby Summerlander » 22 Nov 2016 00:11

The symptoms from caffeine intake are similar to those of cocaine use. At least that's my experience. I avoid both now.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Miraris

Postby Miraris » 22 Nov 2016 21:53

Indeed.
I've been having "rollercoaster" dreams since that. Pretty sure it's the episode being recalled.

My inner voice:
"The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings"
- Wendell Berry

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 23 Nov 2016 22:11

Miraris wrote:Overdose on caffeine.

:lol: Kinda funny! Miraris, how much caffeine did you take in mg or cups of coffee?

Return to “Sleep Disorders”