Just One Night of Peace...

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
HarleenQuinzel

Just One Night of Peace...

Postby HarleenQuinzel » 13 Dec 2016 06:17

I'm an avid lucid dreamer... It's something that came naturally to me as a child, and I've been comfortable with it for years. Lately, however, I've been having issues.

The last four nights consecutively, I have encountered almost the same dream, with very slight differences. It will appear normal, until suddenly a faceless being appears. I will feel the initial fear and adrenaline, attempt to calm myself, as I know full well it's a dream, yet find myself unable. I will fight against it, then finally awaken. However, it takes me but a few moments to realize it is a false awakening.

I have gone through all techniques possible, scrunched up, eyes closed, even hitting myself or objects, screaming loudly, "This is a dream, wake up!" Only to find myself in a stand-off with this faceless creature who suddenly has a sickening smile, as if it's aware of my trapped state.

I have never encountered such a thing in my life, and it's taken my favorite thing to do, turning into my most feared. It even appears as though it takes more energy prying myself out of this horrid nightmare, than if I would have just stayed awake all night.

I'm at a loss, and need a good night's rest... How do I proceed when all other options have been exhausted..?

Philoni

Re: Just One Night of Peace...

Postby Philoni » 14 Dec 2016 02:03

HarleenQuinzel wrote:I'm an avid lucid dreamer... It's something that came naturally to me as a child, and I've been comfortable with it for years. Lately, however, I've been having issues.

The last four nights consecutively, I have encountered almost the same dream, with very slight differences. It will appear normal, until suddenly a faceless being appears. I will feel the initial fear and adrenaline, attempt to calm myself, as I know full well it's a dream, yet find myself unable. I will fight against it, then finally awaken. However, it takes me but a few moments to realize it is a false awakening.

I have gone through all techniques possible, scrunched up, eyes closed, even hitting myself or objects, screaming loudly, "This is a dream, wake up!" Only to find myself in a stand-off with this faceless creature who suddenly has a sickening smile, as if it's aware of my trapped state.

I have never encountered such a thing in my life, and it's taken my favorite thing to do, turning into my most feared. It even appears as though it takes more energy prying myself out of this horrid nightmare, than if I would have just stayed awake all night.

I'm at a loss, and need a good night's rest... How do I proceed when all other options have been exhausted..?

Do you naturally know it's a dream when a dream starts or you find out later in the dream?
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

DogeMan29

Re: Just One Night of Peace...

Postby DogeMan29 » 02 Jan 2017 11:02

Have you tried to fight it?

Return to “Sleep Disorders”