Night Terrors, Dreadful Mornings

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
IvoryPavo

Night Terrors, Dreadful Mornings

Postby IvoryPavo » 30 Jun 2017 14:49

This past week has been bothersome. I'm often times afraid when I go to bed, like I'm scared of either dreaming or waking because of how I feel during both. There's a pit in my stomach and it steals any good sleep I hope to have. I'll wake up exhausted as if I'd not slept at all, and this terribly strong feeling of dread and discomfort aches in my gut and chest through the night as if I'm held in light sleep. Sometimes it's not so severe but it lingers, eating away at me.

I've also been lacking memory of dreams. I usually am able to remember them fairly well but I've been losing details, and I feel that ache when I try to remember. I feel bigger than my body and strange sensations over my skin... It's strongest when I wake up. It feels like I'm still connected to my dreams and it literally feels like I'm being held back, like my spirit is trying to be kept in bed.

I don't really understand where this is all coming from - I have my ideas, but what I'm feeling scrambles my thoughts around and makes me feel silly. If anyone has had similar experiences or has any advice I'd appreciate your input very much.
Sometimes it's necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness.

DreamerMan99

Re: Night Terrors, Dreadful Mornings

Postby DreamerMan99 » 05 Aug 2017 03:52

Anxiety. You might not realize it, but you are most likely pushing some deep issues away. Are you coming up on something stressful? A big turning point? I remember a lot of my internalized anxiety was expressed through dreams after I graduated highschool and moved away. After it was done and I dealt with those emotions, my awful sleep issues were more or less resolved.
Good luck,
Dream on.

HunterClash

Re: Night Terrors, Dreadful Mornings

Postby HunterClash » 07 Aug 2017 18:58

Put on some binaural beats, they will increase your chance of having a lucid dream, but also help you overcome nightmares/terrors.

Good luck
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

Return to “Sleep Disorders”