i havent remembered a dream for years. do i have sleeping ds

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
ronalds141

i havent remembered a dream for years. do i have sleeping ds

Postby ronalds141 » 16 Aug 2012 17:35

I haven't remembered a dream for years. I don't know even if i had one at all. How can i remember them? You'll say journaling, but when i wake up, i don't have even of what to write. A blank picture. I tend to wake up at night usually at 5/6 am, but i still have no idea if i had a dream or not, though i was probably in middle of REM (as i go to to sleep at midnight) my GF alwas see's a dream, she's always telling that dreams are vivid etc, i thought that they were my *as i found out* imagination.

I thought that dreaming was my imagination , but when i understood, that dreaming is something like IRL i was shocked! I never had a dream like that. I'm desperated. What to do?

some people said to try vitamin B12 i guess, but anything other then that? Please help kind people.

why i cant sleep from 11pm to 8am? if im not even sleeping for 24 hours, i wake up after few hours of sleep.. ://

Jah Soldier

Re: i havent remembered a dream for years. do i have sleepin

Postby Jah Soldier » 22 Aug 2012 20:18

Do you mean to say that you don't recall dreaming whatsoever? I'm surprised as I thought most people are at least aware of some dreaming. As far as I know, everyone (sparing severe sleep disorder) dreams - even if they don't remember - so my first piece of advice would be not to be disheartened! Feeling relaxed, confident and patient will help you progress. Have you tried exploring your subconscious in other ways such as meditation? Perhaps relaxation and opening up your imagination gradually before bed will help you to dream. Also, try to stay still when you wake and grab on to any image you have in your mind. With enough time and effort those fleeting images may open up to rich stories. Best of luck.
Row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
life is but a dream

ronalds141

Postby ronalds141 » 26 Aug 2012 09:50

Yep. I don't recall my dreams.

I haven't tried meditation. I tried to listen to isochronic tones and relaxed, but just did that once. (i'm not quite familloar with meditation. Yet)

And im trying to not to move when i wake up, but i dont seem to recall a dream at all.

Now i feel bad, because this morning my gf controlled her dream. For the first time. I learnt her how to, but i can't seem to do it for myself. :// can you share your experience in meditation?

Thanks. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Aug 2012 10:04

The biggest help with dream recall is to firmly spend some moments on going to bed to say to yourself or out loud that tonight I WILL dream and when I wake I WILL remember my dreams. You are correct in not trying to move in the first waking moments and it is also helpful to keep a dairy. Even if you dont recall a dream write that down, just say "No Recall"

It all helps and is just a matter of time
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jah Soldier

Postby Jah Soldier » 26 Aug 2012 13:11

Regarding meditation (and indeed all things introspective and spiritual) I would recommend this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG-wlwtnDcE :)
Row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
life is but a dream

samara

Postby samara » 28 Aug 2012 15:15

@Jah Soldier

I know this is off topic but... I was waking up, only a few days ago, always thinking about LD of course, trying to have one. In the in-between state between waking and sleeping I remembered a long forgotten plastic toy I had as a child. It was a small toy TV with a simple music box and a paper banner running across the screen, playing row row row your boat.... and the words running across the screen with some cute pictures. I was so impressed and wrote it down in my dream diary. And now the first thing I see here is your signature. Wow.
You're moving through a land of both shadow and substance
Of things and ideas
Guiding you through this wondrous journey
Is the hypnotic sound of the twilight tone

bluefrog75

Postby bluefrog75 » 30 Aug 2012 03:35

Something that may help is playing memory brain games, eating before sleep, or taking vitamins and things like b6 to enhance dream memory. Also take time to think of random things. Something may spark your memory and you will suddenly remember the dream!

Also maybe sleeping more could help. :mrgreen:
Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
~Taste

James

Postby James » 21 Sep 2012 21:41

I heard Calzea Z is great for vividness/recall. Try it :3

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

Return to “Sleep Disorders”