sleeping disorder

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.

sleeping disorder

Postby siddhi » 15 Oct 2012 06:28

my sister 16 and she can never go to sleep at night, she usually fall asleep around 2-3 in the morning and then end up missing school like once a week. anybody know what i can do to help her with this problem?

Re: sleeping disorder

Postby austen » 21 Feb 2015 13:52

You should check with her diets and her physical activity in a day. According to physical activity you should plan her diet which will provide proper nutrition’s to body. This will give her proper sleep at night.

Postby jasmine2 » 22 Feb 2015 05:21

The following suggestions have helped me with sleep problems in the past.

- Article - "248 - Sound Sleep, Sound Mind With Barry Krakow, M.D" -
Choose either podcast or transcript. (ctrl +) to enlarge text (Windows OS)

- Audio recording - "Hemi-Sync - Super Sleep - CD" - Monroe Institute - (Also on MP3)
Available from or Amazon
Does not contain music or verbal guidance. Sounds rather like wind, but is a pleasant blend of binaural-beat delta frequencies plus some subtle harmonics. This is easier to listen to than a lot of other brands of binaural-beat brain wave entrainment audio recordings.

I used to play this at very low volume on an old auto-reverse "boom box" CD player. I don't really need it any more.

- Guided imagery relaxation and stress reduction audio recordings from -
- Health Journeys -
This website is hosted by Belleruth Naparstek, who has helped develop PTSD treatment programs at the Veterans Administration.
Also see - Health Journeys - Hot Research - (See categories in right column)

My sleep problems pretty much resolved when I FINALLY switched to a healthier style of eating. I still eat some meat and dairy products, but as Dr. Ornish and Dr. Fuhrman recommend, I've significantly increased consumption of whole plant foods and I greatly limit sugary and processed foods. Instead of sodas, I soak fresh or frozen fruit in ice water. I also, take dietary supplements - Vitamin D, Two Omega 3 gel caps, Calcium-magnesium-zinc tablet, and vitamin B12 (in a multi-vitamin).

Article - "Nutrient Density - Dr. Fuhrman" -
See the nutritarian food pyramid and ANDI food score.

YouTube - "Dr. Dean Ornish - Healing Throught Diet"

During the year after I switched to this healthier way of eating (plus adding moderate exercise), I finally lost excess weight (without hunger), my sleep apnea and leg muscle aches disappeared, and I got off of all medications, except low dose aspirin. I now sleep fine.

Also, I've read a lot of articles which strongly recommend to avoid looking at any electronic screens - computer, TV or phone - too close to bed time. The light frequency emitted by these screens is said to stimulate wakefulness.

- Good luck to your sister. - jasmine2

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Apr 2015 03:57

Avoiding computer at least 2 hrs before sleep (preferably 3)

She may have a bit of a reversed sleep cycle. If so melatonin may fix her issue. This can be brought quite cheaply from iherb online. (I personally don't find the slow release varieties of this helpful so suggest just the regular kind of it). I don't know where you are but some countries eg Australia this is only available by prescription, if you are in America you can buy it there without one. (If you are in Australia though one isn't supposed to order in prescription drugs without a script, I haven't known our customs to hold some ones ordered from overseas melatonin. It's so commonly brought in that our customs now days ignore it).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Postby KethSuzane » 14 Apr 2015 19:28

It's gracious, I don't have a clue about, 3 o'clock in the cracking morning, and I'm lying in bed, gazing at the roof and needing to cry with disappointment. I'm attempting to stay cheerful about my capacity to catch a couple of hours of shuteye before work the following morning, yet I've been up until 6 a.m. (not by decision) enough times throughout my life to know the monster of sleep deprivation can't generally be tamed.
For fighting with insomnia, just try out some factors like: Keep track on your sleep that how much and when you are sleep.
Try out some self monitoring therapy.
Establish a regular bed time routine.
Samsung 4k TV --->

Return to “Sleep Disorders”