Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum Sleep Disorders

Alarm clock troubles!

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.

Alarm clock troubles!

Postby worldenterer » 22 Jul 2011 02:14

I have a problem that I just can't seem to get to the bottom of. There is probably a simple soulution that I haven't thought of yet but I can't figure it out.

When I am woken by my alarm, I am usually very tired. I found a year or so ago, that if my alarm clock is next to my I will turn it OFF without realizing it and oversleep. This would cause me to be late when I have to go places. The way I solved this problem was by putting my alarm clock on the other side of my room. Now, I have to get up out of bed, and walk over to turn it off so I will be able to stay awake and get to places on time. HOWEVER, when I get up to turn my alarm off, me changing my position will cause any dreams I have in my head that must be rememberd, to slip away. If I don't turn off the alarm, the beeping will stop me from remembering. But if I move it next to me, I turn it off and oversleep. GAH! IT'S SO ANNOYING! :o
It needs to be about 20% cooler.
worldenterer

The easiest way to learn dream control

Re: Alarm clock troubles!

Postby Peter » 22 Jul 2011 04:00

you most likely dont even need an alarm clock. I have not used one for years unless its to get up at an odd time. Do you wake up on or about when the alarm is due to go off?, if so its not the waking up that matters it the getting up...

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born
Peter

Postby worldenterer » 22 Jul 2011 04:20

Peter, ur probably right, I need to have my alarm clock next to me, and just need to build up the willpower to get out of bed in the morning. Thank you for the advice. ;)
worldenterer

Postby rdubya » 22 Jul 2011 15:17

but if you need to get up to record your dream you will lose it in that time anyway. I use the across the room method as well, but i remember to remember even as i am walking to turn it off. don't put your focus on the alarm clock, leave the focus on your dream you just woke from. may take a few days to get used to, but basically try to keep dreaming as you walk over to your alarm!
rdubya

Postby worldenterer » 23 Jul 2011 02:37

Ok, thanks very much. :)
worldenterer

Return to Sleep Disorders