Do I have night terrors?

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
alissa

Re: Do I have night terrors?

Postby alissa » 13 Apr 2013 18:06

Je-Je wrote:
alissa wrote:Do night terrors always have to be super scary? Because once when I was little, I was awake, (at least I think... I was at least in an exact replica of my room) and I sat up, and saw this... Creature. He was kind of transparent, and he looked a little like squidward with a bigger head (except I had never seen spongebob in my life), plus he was turquoise with purple polka dots. I was mildly alarmed, because it was very realistic. He just stood next to my bed, looking at me. I think he was tall, and he was transparent, but glowed. Would this be a night terror?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I dont think. A night terror is when you do a nightmarre and wake up and dont realise it was a nighmarre and continue to fight for nothing. When i was 14, i was making a lot of night terror, because that year i was very stress for the exem which would allow me to go in high school(In France we must passe 'le Brevet' to go in high school, i dont know if in other country is like that)

For you, it look more like a sleep paralysis.

But I could move... I sat up on my bed and looked at him...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

Je-Je

Re: Do I have night terrors?

Postby Je-Je » 14 Apr 2013 07:17

Code: Select all

But I could move... I sat up on my bed and looked at him...

No, you didnt understand me. What im telling is that a night terror is when you do a nightmarre and wake up and dont realise it was a nightmarre. And we cant see it, we thought there is something, but we realise there is nothing in the room.

But you, you didnt mention that you have a nightmarre and then woke up and dont realise. You mention you saw a creature and said that you could move. So it cant be a night-terror, niether a sleep-paralysis. For me its something paranormal.

Me too when i was small, i could see things that musnt existe in real world, like shadow being, sometime
i saw an urgly feet standing infront my door when i watch under the door, etc...
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “Sleep Disorders”