Headache

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
deepakkumaar97

Headache

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 20 Mar 2013 12:54

So, I have been meditating at nights for about 2 weeks now.
I do it almost daily from 20-60 minutes.
Now, since today morning I am having a mild headache(forehead).
Headaches are not common for me, so, I googled it and found this on a website
Pressures

After meditating daily for almost a month, I began to get odd pressures in my forehead. It felt as if someone was putting their hands on the sides of my head and pressing slightly or giving a massage. I didn't know what it was, but something told me this was a good thing and it felt good. Later, I found out that this is what it feels like when you open your crown chakra and third eye chakra. If you feel sensations or pressures in the upper part of your head or the middle of your forehead, that is what's happening.

http://voices.yahoo.com/strange-experiences-beginners-meditation-11926954.html

So, I just wanted to know your opinions.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Re: Headache

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Mar 2013 00:35

There are some kinds of meditations which can start to activate chakras so the possible relevance would all depend on the form of meditation a person is doing eg is it an energy raising or chakral activation kind? or a simple relaxation kind? Most here with the LD stuff wouldnt be doing the kind of meditations which can do that (the exception being those who are doing some dream yoga techniques or OBE energy techniques. The headache in such cases is caused by energy congesting or energy blocks).

I dont know what form of meditation u are doing but usually sessions of 20-30 mins once or twice daily at the most are plenty. The most important thing is to do it regularly and over time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 21 Mar 2013 04:51

taniaaust1 wrote:There are some kinds of meditations which can start to activate chakras so the possible relevance would all depend on the form of meditation a person is doing eg is it an energy raising or chakral activation kind? or a simple relaxation kind? Most here with the LD stuff wouldnt be doing the kind of meditations which can do that (the exception being those who are doing some dream yoga techniques or OBE energy techniques. The headache in such cases is caused by energy congesting or energy blocks).

I dont know what form of meditation u are doing but usually sessions of 20-30 mins once or twice daily at the most are plenty. The most important thing is to do it regularly and over time.

I do the same kind of meditation all the time, I observe my breath and in time, I get the vibrations and numbness.

And one more thing, you said it is energy block, so, I don't know much about it, is it dangerous or should I discontinue.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2013 01:43

deepakkumaar97 wrote:And one more thing, you said it is energy block, so, I don't know much about it, is it dangerous or should I discontinue.

You've mistaken what I said. I didnt say your headache is an energy block but said some headaches can be caused by them (its generally the case thou) esp if energy raising has been involved as in some OBE practices.

Just observing your breath is really just a focused concentration meditation and that in itself shouldnt be overly raising your energy at all. If someone was doing some forms of rhythmic breathing.. well that's another story, some forms are done to raise energy.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Sleep Disorders”