Waking up after a dream

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
DeltaV

Waking up after a dream

Postby DeltaV » 25 Mar 2013 08:13

'Tis not really a disorder, or negative at all, but I thought it'd fit here anyway, and I wanted to share it.

A few days ago, I finally started writing my dreams into a dream diary again (I recently got interested in lucid dreaming again). I was feeling a bit unwell at that time, got a nasty cough and such. When I am ill, I tend to wake up randomly in the night. Instead of this being an annoyance, it became a blessing: it became much easier to remember dreams because I woke up immediately after having one. This went on for a few days.

Now, I am feeling much better, but I still wake up after dreams (particularily after vivid dreams). It's as if my subconcious has flipped the finger at my biological clock and is waking me up at the times it wants me to wake up.
Does this happen to anyone else?
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Re: Waking up after a dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Mar 2013 10:37

Yes I used to be like that. Due to working on LD stuff and worry about forgetting my dreams.. I used to like to write my dreams down immediately. This ended up having the result of "programming" my body to wake up right after each time I dreamed.. it got terrible as I ended up waking up 7 or more times a night after dreams even when I decided I didnt want to write down dreams no more.

It took weeks for this issue (while making sure I wasnt encouraging it in anyway) to stop.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Sleep Disorders”