train station murder

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
magicdog93

train station murder

Postby magicdog93 » 30 Aug 2011 18:39

i was in the train station with 2 friends, i liked them very much, we were chating about stuff like dr.who, then one of my friends relised that we missed the train, we were going to london together, i told them that i would stay at the dark and scary train station, in case the train was late.

they both left, i was yawning and waiting, when i heard a big scream, i did not know why the person was screaming then there was another one i was getting very consurned, i was runnning to the exit, then i saw a shadowy figure,

i ran away and hid somethere the man was geting closser and closser, i screamed and sceamed, the man kept on stabing me intill i died

i woke up very scared.
why did i have such a horrible dream
i am joshua, nice to meet you,

fineganswaker

Re: train station murder

Postby fineganswaker » 01 Sep 2011 00:23

magicdog93 wrote:i woke up very scared.
why did i have such a horrible dream

Hey, Jason. Wow, that's is a horrible dream! I think everybody here can sympathize.

Can't say as to why you might've had a dream like this. We all have dreams like that from time to time (somethin' you saw--or even somethin' you ate before going to bed maybe), but here are a couple of things I've observed so far concerning what lucid dreaming can do for/to nightmares.

The first thing is that nightmares themselves, at least for me, are fantastic dreamsigns for lucidity. The horror of nightmares are so darned intense that they often can kick-start you into becoming lucid. It's the old "Oh my god--I'm going to die!!!! Hey, wait a minute, somethin's wrong here...this is just too crazy...Hey--THIS IS A DREAM!--I can just wake myself up--COOL!". I think it's safe to say that just about everybody experiences this kind of lucid nightmare at least once in their lives.

Now, believe it or not, the trick for us folks who are into lucid dreaming would be to *NOT* wake up at that point in the dream! If you'd become lucid in the train station you could've either turned the tables and "offed" the "perp" yourself or--better yet--asked this guy why he's being so aggressive towards you ("Hey, mac! What seems to be the problem here, huh?!"). I can guarantee that you'll get some interesting--and probably very surprising--results.

Having this happen isn't fool-proof--I've only had something like this happen to me once. But the overall effect is that you're taking a BAD situation and turning it to your advantage and making it a much more positive experience. Essentially you're taking control of the nightmare--and how incredibly cool is that, you know?

The second thing I'm finding is that just thinking about lucid dreaming (and dreaming in general) has allowed me to "objectify" dreams in general--and nightmares in particular. What I mean by that is that all the work we do to prepare ourselves for lucid dreaming (working on dream recall, keeping a dream journal, cataloging dreams--all the overall analysis we do on our dreams) potentially helps us to "stand back" a little bit from our dreams. At least that's been my experience. So a nightmare--even a really bad one--just becomes another "object" to analyze and think about.

I'll give you an example. Just last night I had a pretty horrifying nightmare myself. I won't go into all the detail, but at one point this creepy guy who was chasing me decided to off himself by committing suicide in a pretty graphic manner. Now normally this dream would've freaked me out for a week, but when I woke up I just started analyzing and cataloging it--even wrote it up in the journal. It was still kind of creepy--but it started to feel more like some stupid movie I saw, and I didn't feel like I owned it so much anymore.

And until I saw your post I hadn't thought of it once today.

And the greatest thing of all was that, as I was analyzing it, I started asking myself why the nightmare hadn't cause me to go lucid--just because it was so intense! So the dream went from something really awful to just a missed opportunity--a complete flip!

Anyway, hope this helps some--and hope you're doing OK...

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 01 Sep 2011 00:48

Oops--meant to say "Joshua"--not "Jason". Duh--sorry, man...

magicdog93

Postby magicdog93 » 02 Sep 2011 19:15

its ok (my mum sometimes calls me jordan) and thanks for the information and help
i am joshua, nice to meet you,

Return to “Sleep Disorders”