Wolf dream

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Mithril

Wolf dream

Postby Mithril » 06 Feb 2012 20:19

A werewolf was loose in the building, which was probably part of the college. I ran into a bathroom, and this girl from my hall was standing around whining about it. I was so scared, and frantically looking for a place to hide. I run into a toilet stall, but there's no toilet, just smooth floor. The door doesn't lock, either. I brace myself between the door and the wall, but before I can get secure, the door is wrenched away with surprising force. I'm still bracing myself off the floor and look over my shoulder. Someone's screaming off somewhere as I begin to wake up. But before I wake up, I catch a glimpse of him: a large, grey wolf standing right behind me. He's not feral, but calmly watching me, and his blue-grey (very human eyes) are all I can see as I wake up.

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Am I running away from something that won't turn out to be that bad? That doesn't fit, really. What does the wolf symbolize? Some part of myself? But what?

Any advice or ideas?

jamjam

Re: Wolf dream

Postby jamjam » 06 Feb 2012 21:55

Here's a creepy thought. What if the wolf wasn't part of you? What if it was something else?
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Mithril

Postby Mithril » 06 Feb 2012 22:43

Haha, lol, that actually occured to me. Who or what is it then?

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 07 Feb 2012 00:10

Could've been anything! Might've been a dreamer... it could also be a spirit. Maybe its just a dream character living out his life. Maybe a dead wolf?
In mythology a werewolf is a shapeshifting man or a man that is placed under a curse. Maybe that's why the girl was whining. Perhaps the werewolf was her father placed under a curse! Modern fiction has ruined what true werewolves are. For instance, modern fiction says that werewolves transform only under a full moon which probably isn't true. Or the myth about silver hurting werewolves. Truthfully, I think that werewolves aren't evil or anything like that.

I don't know! Next time you see him why don't you ask him?
jamjam

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 07 Feb 2012 00:44

Mithril wrote:A werewolf was loose in the building... But before I wake up, I catch a glimpse of him: a large, grey wolf standing right behind me. He's not feral, but calmly watching me, and his blue-grey (very human eyes) are all I can see as I wake up.

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Am I running away from something that won't turn out to be that bad? That doesn't fit, really. What does the wolf symbolize? Some part of myself? But what?

Any advice or ideas?

He's thinking about how he's going to eat his supper. A treacherous friend is perhaps what the wolf symbolizes...do you know someone like Obama? werewolves have the obvious symbolism of being wolves in sheep's clothing. there's something dangerous out there and it's hunting you in it's true form and very calmly and patiently- watch out.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

R99

Postby R99 » 07 Feb 2012 05:18

Oh boy.
I see the Truth now.

jet199

Postby jet199 » 07 Feb 2012 11:06

If we are talking about spirits then a wolf is quite a common totem animal to have. I'm not quite sure how these things work though. Do you have to win you totems respect by beating it in a fight or catching it or something?

I think animals generally represent the subconscious. That is your animal instincts.
"The real question is not whether there is life after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death" - Osho

Mithril

Postby Mithril » 07 Feb 2012 14:40

I think the dream is a little more nuanced than I thought at first. I remembered more about it as I meditated yesterday, and I think I actually *knew* the wolf in my dream, but in his human form. Might have been based on a book. I was just so scared of being infected.

R99

Postby R99 » 07 Feb 2012 20:55

Dont worry too much about it, as long as i know dream characters represents thoughts of our mind, person we knew, things that worry u most, or just symbolism, or it could be u, the list is long. Its not like a real wolf chasing u (if it is that will be cool:D) never worry about ur dream too much, if we take it too seriously then we never have time for other things. TC now, great dreams. I am out. And also i am a rookie too, lets see others thoughts.
I see the Truth now.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 07 Feb 2012 22:23

R99 wrote:never worry about ur dream too much, if we take it too seriously then we never have time for other things.

Yes
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”