Being chased

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Jack Reacher

Being chased

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Mar 2012 09:43

How many people have these nightmarish dreams where you are constantly on the run? I remember talking to one of my friends irl about dreams and he kinda didnt want to go into the subject, saying he is always getting chased by police in his dreams. I sometimes have similar dreams like that an dim wondering how common it is.

Sometimes I will be chased by a gang, but most of the time its by the police. I think the worst thing about being chased by the police is that they can follow you anywhere and have infinite numbers and resources, they always seem to know where I am. Usually I know I did a crime yet when I wake up I have no recollection of doing a crime. Sometimes I will have to cross countries but I will always be on the run.

Next are zombie dreams, these are pretty horrible. Basically zombies are chasing me and a group of friends, and no matter where I go zombies are there. Then dogs and wolves come, these are also horrible, dogs chasing me and such and no matter where I go I find myself in a full sprint trying to get away.

Last, somehow I end up getting into a fight with a real big guy, and I usually keep provoking him, digging a hole I cant get out of...
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Re: Being chased

Postby Peter » 24 Mar 2012 08:32

over the years a lot of that and just keeping away but never quite safe. Makes exhausted thinking about how many k I must have run, crawled and jumped to stay safe
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby nreid » 09 May 2012 03:36

I have dreamt of moments where I am being chased of a huge crowd. And if anyone here is familiar with the game Temple Run, that sort of embodies how I actually felt.

Well, it happened long before the game came out so people who might think that I got hooked to the game so intently, might shush already.

A weird feeling it actually was with me running on a completely deserted field and hundreds of people running after me.

Postby LucidKey13 » 10 May 2012 07:15

The characters that chase me usually are trying to kill me - like characters from horror movies I once watched....really regret watching those now! Oh well, in the end I want to get it over and done with so give in to the characters and they sometimes become my friend..
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Return to “Dream Interpretation”