Dreaming of something i don't do for years

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Highlander

Dreaming of something i don't do for years

Postby Highlander » 17 Oct 2013 09:56

In my waking life, i use the train and the subway to go to work or other places. Everyday for the last 10 years. Before that, i used the train and the bus. I don't ride the bus for 10 years. So, why is that i keep dreaming that i'm riding the bus to go somewhewre? I never dreamt that i'm on the train or subway.
Has this situation happen to you? I mean, dreaming of something you don't do for several years instead of something you do everyday?

torakrubik

Re: Dreaming of something i don't do for years

Postby torakrubik » 19 Oct 2013 05:06

I left secondary school (high school) over 2 years ago and I still sometimes dream I'm there. It really should be a massive hint that I'm dreaming...:P
Dreaming is my drug

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 20 Oct 2013 04:40

I dropped out of highschool my junior year when I was 17, I'm 19 now, and I dream of being in highschool still ALL the time. I never go lucid from it either, I'm not even sure why!

Just the other day I had a strange non lucid dream where I was in a highschool gymnasium with all my friends and old classmates, and it was quite strange, because one of row of students would sing a verse of song I'd never heard before, in a language I'd never heard before!! Then when a row finished a verse, the next row of kids would sing the next verse. And then a girl I knew from 6th-12th grade sang a verse quite beautifully. In a strange unknown language, but I suppose this was a bit off topic.

Yes I dream of things I havnt done in years haha!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Oct 2013 07:44

I'm glad someone else brought up school.
High School and College are two reoccuring dreams for me and it is always the last day and I am packing up, and trying to find or unlock my locker, or trying to fit everything into my bags. Or I missed a class and can't find it. To no avail of course because dreams are the worst case scenario. :evil: I meet my old high school chums all the time too. (And yet I never become lucid during those). I become lucid quite a bit, but for some reason, never during those 'school dreams'. (I haven't been in highschool since 1998 graduation so this relates). Old stuff comes back and never goes away in our minds.

It's so common for me, but I think I know the meaning of it.

I haven't been able to figure out what my life means after that.
We all have those issues.
Where do you go after school? Is is suppose to make sense now? What was school all about anyway?........
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 20 Oct 2013 13:29

I have the same situation, pretty much as you, Hagart.

I left high school in 1992. I guess once every 2 months i dream about school. Here i am, looking for a classroom, getting lost, or being with my old school friends or even with new ones. The school and the path i take to go there is as it was in 1992. I believe this happens because i miss those days. When school ended, we went our ways so quickly, it ended so fast. I never heard from any of them with the exception of a couple of friends.
Sometimes i dream i'm in the university. I never went to university, so those dreams are a little bit confusing for me, as i'm in a place that i feel i don't belong.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Oct 2013 17:20

High School was during a very impressionable, formative period in our lives. That's when we developed our people skills and found our own personality and social standing.

Then after that we don't ever really 'grow up' more than that. And in dreams we often regress to a younger, simpler version of ourselves.

I would love to become lucid during one of those School Angst dreams and somehow solve the problem and make them go away. I feel like there is something I didn't accomplish, and maybe that's where they stem from. We all wish we could go back and do things differently, but we need to let it go and let it be and move on.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 20 Oct 2013 18:45

For me I left School at 15 two years after the war to learn a trade and became a carpenter, who would cut a piece of wood 3 times, and it would be still to short. Until 2 years ego I dreamed often that I was still at School and nobody noticed that I was long past School going age. The dreams stopped once I started learning how to dream. Long time looking. :)

VingTsun

Postby VingTsun » 31 Oct 2013 02:03

I can draw a blueprint of my dream school i dream about it so much.
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

Return to “Dream Interpretation”