Gender transformations?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
mip

Gender transformations?

Postby mip » 13 Aug 2014 15:11

I am a sixteen year old girl and for some reason a reoccurring transformation occurs in a lot of my dreams. I become a male. Sometimes I look down and it's just there, other times it actually extends from my clit. Sometimes it's comically huge, other times it's very small. Either way it's always erect.

I've looked at a dream dictionary and not a lot of info was given about this. I am a very masculine person but despite this I'm accepting of my gender. My dreams say differently though. I've even had dreams where I grew facial hair and I've also dreamt my boyfriend turned into a female! Is my brain just having fun or do I have issues with myself?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LucidityMaster

Re: Gender transformations?

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 01:33

Sorry dream interpretation is a ridiculous concept.

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Aug 2014 15:56

Just fun and the logic of the dreaming mind, run with it and see where it goes. In truth its an awesome dream sign that you are dreaming. Treat it a sign from you SC that you are dreaming and use it to get lucid, should work a treat for a reality check.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Aug 2014 15:58

LucidityMaster wrote:Sorry dream interpretation is a ridiculous concept.

I beg to differ. If dreams where complete nonsense then they would be completely random like static on a television, and just white noise. The fact that there is ANYTHING recognizable at all occurring in a dream means that it's there for a reason somehow. Why wouldn't anyone be curious about that?

The reason could be anything, but finding our own unique "Rosetta Stones" to unlock the language of our personal dreams is not a frivolous endeavor. We each have our own dream signs and recurring themes, but they are certainly there for a reason and understanding them for the purpose of dream interpretation is not a ridiculous concept at all!

As for the original post, I must admit, I don't have that stone, and I don't interpret my own dreams very well. I will admit that I too had a gender transformation dream. I am a male, but one time in a lucid dream I looked in the mirror and I was an attractive woman! I just went with it and actually enjoyed being ogled by the men. I'm comfortable with my masculinity and you have to be in order to admit that. I think in all of us we have both male and female attributes in our psyche and it's nothing to be worried about. When we start off early on in our mother's womb we don't have a gender and the penis and clitoris are homologous, so I don't think there's anything abnormally strange about your dream.

When it comes to interpreting dreams what I recommend, and this is what I do, ask yourself how you FELT, and what it REMINDED you of. Not literally what happened. Since our amygdala and hippocampus are active during dreams, (emotional and memory centers of the brain), I believe the 'language' is being communicated that way. Not through logic, of course.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Sep 2014 06:45

I am a very masculine person but despite this I'm accepting of my gender. My dreams say differently though.

Im wondering by your dreams how you've come to the thought they are implying that you arent accepting yourself?

If you are a very masculine kind of person and think this way about yourself, its not surprising you have a penis in your dreams. I dont see that as an issue. Is it bothering you in your dreams? Your dreams are your thoughts both conscious and subconscious becoming manifest.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 10 Sep 2014 08:18

Guys, dream interpretation is a major waste of time.

Yes, as Hagart is saying, dreams are not random, and can reveal a lot about a person.

However, there is usually a basic surface meaning, and not something that can be looked up in a dream dictionary.

You are not going to become a 'significantly' better person by interpreting your dreams.

Why? Dreams are likely bi products of the evolution of sleep and consciousness.

Nickfan40

Postby Nickfan40 » 11 Sep 2014 02:10

I've had dreams like that, too. In real life, the only thing that is masculine about me is I have hair where I'm not supposed to have it, like on my lower belly, a hair around my nipple, hair on my big toes, and between my upper inner thighs; I have too many male hormones. I've tried to shave it off, but it always comes back.

I posted a dream about it on the "share your lucid dreams" board.

I had a dream once where I was using a urinal. I pulled it out and it was big and pink. I woke up laughing about it :lol:

I think I'd masturbate more if I was a guy and have a few girls. I'd get some "Bare Skin" condoms, though.
As my mom says, "Anything worth doing is worth doing safely." Or get one of those silicone dolls from a Japanese site I found sometime ago.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Sep 2014 03:13

I love how Nickfan40 has TMI.
Don't change. You're always the most interesting one to read here.

And to be honest, in dreams it's all bizarre and I've seen and done some crazy things myself. It's all good! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 07:28

Nickfan40 wrote:I had a dream once where I was using a urinal. I pulled it out and it was big and pink. I woke up laughing about it :lol:

I think I'd masturbate more if I was a guy and have a few girls. I'd get some "Bare Skin" condoms, though.
As my mom says, "Anything worth doing is worth doing safely." Or get one of those silicone dolls from a Japanese site I found sometime ago.

OMG blow up anime dolls. Ive never even thought of their existance before.

I once had a dream of my mother taking me to high school. She parked the car by the school and got out to let me out, only for me then to find out she had no bottoms on and had a penis. I was instantly shocked awake. That dream later did make me laugh, it was such a vivid dream too.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Nickfan40

Postby Nickfan40 » 11 Sep 2014 17:53

The Japanese website that I was referring to was www.dhgate.com. They are half solid, half inflatable dolls. I was surprised at how realistic they looked, like the ones on The Abyss Realdoll site, but much cheaper. They said that if you didn't want it, you could return it within 3 days.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”