My mom

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
DaringDarkwing

My mom

Postby DaringDarkwing » 11 Dec 2014 00:06

My mom passed away this past weekend at the hospital that she had been at for about 3 months. I had this dream during a nap today, and I would like an interpretation of it:

I was at home with my dad standing outside of the bedroom that my mother slept in, and a nurse was talking to my father (about what I don't know- I'm not even sure what was supposed to be going on). My father opened the bedroom door, and all of a sudden everything changed. Instead of being at home, we were in the hospital, and what was supposed to be the bedroom was a hospital room. Instead of being next to me, my dad was now in the hospital room with my mom, and the room was dark.

My mom was standing next to the hospital bed on slightly unbalanced legs, as if she had just gotten up. Suddenly, I realized that something was unusual. I said to myself, "Wait a minute- she usually hasn't been standing up like that!" (my mom had been bedridden for months and couldn't stand without assistance). I heard a nurse yell out in happy surprise, "Oh my God!"

Then I realized something even more unusual. I said to myself, "Wait a minute- she's not alive!!" In the dream I now remembered that my mom had died at the hospital, so It shocked/scared/confused me to see her alive again. I then said, "This is a dream" (although I wasn't completely sure of that) and forced myself awake.

Once I was awake, I quickly looked around the house, expecting to either see my mom's spirit or to find out that she hadn't died after all...What could that dream mean though?

taniaaust1

Re: My mom

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Dec 2014 13:19

sorry I dont know what this dream means, there isnt enough of certain patterns in it for me to be able to try to read it.

My mom was standing next to the hospital bed on slightly unbalanced legs, as if she had just gotten up. Suddenly, I realized that something was unusual. I said to myself, "Wait a minute- she usually hasn't been standing up like that!" (my mom had been bedridden for months and couldn't stand without assistance). I heard a nurse yell out in happy surprise, "Oh my God!"

The nurse part happened as a direct consquence of your own shock and surprise, so that is a logical flow on dream carry on to your own emotions of the other part.

umm maybe the slightly unbalanced legs part was representing how you feel right now after your mothers death.. unsettled, a bit off balance? Not quite at peace over it yet. Legs are a part of a persons foundation.. and a mother is often ones foundation in life well used to be.

Mum and hospital bed, may just be symbols of the incident of the loss of her in hospital.

I said to myself, "Wait a minute- she's not alive!!" In the dream I now remembered that my mom had died at the hospital, so It shocked/scared/confused me to see her alive again. I then said, "This is a dream" (although I wasn't completely sure of that) and forced myself awake.

You were starting to become lucid/aware in that part.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jasmine2

Re: My mom

Postby jasmine2 » 19 Dec 2014 01:32

Perhaps the awareness behind the dream is reassuring you that your mom is more than her physical self, and some aspect of her consciousness survives beyond death.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”