Interpretation wanted (short nightmare).

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
RosenVitae

Interpretation wanted (short nightmare).

Postby RosenVitae » 30 May 2012 12:42

I posted about this quite a while ago in the dream sharing forums, but as I've begun thinking about interpretation, I thought about posting it here to see if someone would help me interpret it and point out the things to look for.

After a short LD, I had a false awakening, losing lucidity and forgetting reality checks.

This new dream was about my family (my mother and 2 big sisters). I only remember the end:

I was in the bedroom of my last appartment (wearing nothing but boxers), when I hear my family yelling from below outside the window about "THE FRONT DOOR!" and "RUN!!" (this version of the appartment was about 1 meter above ground level). It took me a moment of "thinking" before reacting, going to my room door and pulling the handle. There was resistance (someone on the other side was holding it shut!) I stepped back, the door opened and in stepped "It"; the clown from Stephen King's movie (which I saw when I was far too young), holding a knife. "It" started stating some demands one by one, while I was trying to plot an escape (I didn't listen to the demands). I spun around to open the window and jump, but for some reason, a pair of jeans with both legs spun tight, was just below the window, wedging itself in, so I had trouble opening the window. Adrenaline kicked in and I felt "It" was lunging at my back, and I woke up suddenly, but calmly, in my bed. It has been a long time since I had a nightmare (even about "It"), but for an hour or so, whenever I reached the hypnagogic state, I saw/felt the presence of "It" and felt some fear. I eventually fell asleep and had another dream entirely.

Essentially, I would like to know what "It" could have represented and why my mother and sisters were involved (wearing only boxers made me feel vulnerable in that situation, so I don't guess there's other reasons to that symbol).

Thanksyou for your time.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

rdc8214

Re: Interpretation wanted (short nightmare).

Postby rdc8214 » 09 Jun 2012 19:42

I'm not sure IT was trying to harm you. If i had a dream character to keep me in line subconsciously then IT would probably work. What demands was he making? No one else answered so i thought i would think outside the box for ya. GOod LUck.

RosenVitae

Re: Interpretation wanted (short nightmare).

Postby RosenVitae » 10 Jun 2012 10:56

rdc8214 wrote:I'm not sure IT was trying to harm you. If i had a dream character to keep me in line subconsciously then IT would probably work. What demands was he making? No one else answered so i thought i would think outside the box for ya. GOod LUck.

That's an interesting theory, IT keeping me in line. Thankyou for replying.

As I wrote, I didn't listen to the demands, because I was busy plotting an escape. It's possible that my subconscious wanted to keep me in line regarding becoming lucid, as was the case in the dreamscene before that, resulting in a false awakening where I had this nightmare.

Is there a good place to read and learn more about dream interpretation as a whole? I haven't seem much dedicated material here on WOLD.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Return to “Dream Interpretation”