Missing children in dreams

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
goldenrose

Missing children in dreams

Postby goldenrose » 28 Jun 2017 15:50

This isn't one dream in particular, but I've found a strange occurrence in my dreams as of late.

These dreams all share a common theme; I am going about my dream normally, then suddenly a child or maybe more come along, lost and most of the time alone, and it's up to me to help get them to safety, as I feel they are in danger. Let me explain the scenarios:

1) I was biking, and came across a woman and her son. Their home had been demolished and people were after them, so I agreed to help the boy get to safety, going through many strange tunnels.

2) I was in search of a certain little girl and ended up coming upon a huge building full of children playing, all running around despite having chains around their ankles. I had the strong feeling they were in danger, but could only save one.

3)I had a three-night dream, the first part consisting of a festival. This one was partially lucid and I was there because a lot of children had been going missing in this area. At one point I was leading a little girl to a cave where she would be safe, but after looking away from her for a second and looking back, she had disappeared.

More crazy things happened in dream(s) #3 and these sorts of dreams stopped for a while. But then, last night,

4) I was traveling. I went through a small trap door in a house leading to a sewer system, and found a scared little boy just standing there. He asked me for help, so I went all over the place trying to find him a safe place to stay.

Any idea what this could mean? I've never had dreams like this before and I'm madly curious. Also, the recurrence of tunnels and the fact I never remember actually getting the children to safety is also strange. I'd appreciate any ideas, thanks. :)
Darkness is always held up by the light.

erichsa

Re: Missing children in dreams

Postby erichsa » 29 Jun 2017 19:43

I don't know the answer except to tell you how I see the children in my dreams. From baby's to teenagers the children love me and I love the children. I mean livid dreams, not that I direct the dream but the dream once I enter just unfolds. In waking live I remember as often as possible that the grown ups used to be that little baby which smiles back at me when I smile at it. My love for children and all live seems to show in my dreams. :)

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 30 Jun 2017 02:45

erichsa wrote:I don't know the answer except to tell you how I see the children in my dreams. From baby's to teenagers the children love me and I love the children. I mean livid dreams, not that I direct the dream but the dream once I enter just unfolds. In waking live I remember as often as possible that the grown ups used to be that little baby which smiles back at me when I smile at it. My love for children and all live seems to show in my dreams. :)

That's so sweet! :D
Darkness is always held up by the light.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 19 Jul 2017 22:34

It seems to me that dreams about children who are missing, threatened, injured, or confined in some way may often symbolically represent difficulties which occurred in the dreamer's childhood, such as - emotional loss, trauma or abuse, feelings of not being well cared for, or restrictions on expressions of spontaneity and self-expression.

Wandering through underground tunnels may represent exploring deep memories or searching for as yet undiscovered potentialities.

Perhaps the dreamer desires to find ways to express more feelings of spontaneity, playfulness, creativity, and close relationships with other people.

I recommend the following -
- Website - Dream Hawk - dreamhawk.com - Hosted by Tony Crisp
Search - articles -
- Archetypes - Links to - Archetype of the child/baby
- Your inner child

Return to “Dream Interpretation”