Confused

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
DreamsToLife

Confused

Postby DreamsToLife » 25 Sep 2017 03:52

So I tend to have very vivid dreams that end up coming true. For example, I've told quite a few friends they were pregnant, before they even knew, and if they were having a boy or girl. Every time I was right. They are usually the only dreams I remember, other than visitation dreams from my loved ones that have passed away.

I recently have been having increasingly vivid and frequent dreams of an ex from ten years ago. I've dreamt of him many many times over the years but recently even more so and more vivid. Background... A few months before we broke up, I had a series of dreams that he was cheating on me. Each one having more details in them. Ultimately, every single one happened in really life. Exactly how they happened in my dreams. Weird, I know. Anyway, fast forward all these years and he is now married (to my knowledge) to the lady he cheated on me with and has children with her. I too have moved on and have a child of my own. My ex and I ran into each other a little over a year ago and had quite a nice interaction. Nothing inappropriate in any way. Just a very quick conversation, a hug and went on with our day.

The dream... Last night I had a dream that he left his wife and he brought his children back to his home state to live. He contacted me and asked me if we could meet up. We did and it was as if we didn't miss a beat. It was so real. I could feel his hands around me and his heart pounding when he was telling me that he left his wife because he "couldn't live a lie anymore". All of the sudden we were living together blending our families. Both of us were cuddling on the couch watching our children getting along and playing a game on the floor in front of us and all was right with the world again.

I woke up with this feeling of "holy crap, that's going to come true" and strong sadness for his wife. It was just as vivid as my past dreams that have come true and I remember every detail as I write this fifteen hours later.

Chances are, this isn't going to come true but what does it mean? Why was it so vivid and real? Why did I have such a feeling of peace and love and sadness all at the same time? Why am I have so many dreams of him lately?

24/7/365

Re: Confused

Postby 24/7/365 » 21 Oct 2017 17:49

Chances are, this isn't going to come true but what does it mean? It means you still have thoughts about him.

Why was it so vivid and real? All dreams have the potential to be vivid or real.

Why did I have such a feeling of peace and love and sadness all at the same time? There are many forms of thought, not all are visual or audible.

Why am I have so many dreams of him lately? Lots of time dreams encompass people in our past. You need to get laid. ;)

Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.
Teardrops rolling down on my face,
Trying to forget my feelings of love.
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, boy; you'll never come again.
Feelings, wo-o-o feelings,
Wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.
Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you again in my heart.
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, boy; you'll never come again.
Feelings,…

Sph2o

Re: Confused

Postby Sph2o » 22 Oct 2017 04:34

My more realistic guess would be this: Your subconscious is very acute to picking up details.

You mention that you have had several friends in which you have successfully predicted them being pregnant, and what gender the baby is. There are some small but specific signs to tell if someone is pregnant, and their overall chemistry and other levels could even be picked up by your subconscious and then brought into your dreams as a result. If you want to figure out how, try paying closer attention to subtle cues that may have brought your mind to subconsciously come to that conclusion.

As for a certain ex, look around you, no, fully sense what you've surrounded yourself with recently. Small details of relationships can be kept close at hand in your subconscious so see what it is about your surroundings that are triggering memories of your ex. Smells tend to be more closely linked to past memories so the next time thoughts of him come to mind, ask yourself where it came from. Chances of its some small change that is acting as a trigger for memories you have.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”