I'm disturbed after a dream last night - what's your thoughts please?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
HippyAnge

I'm disturbed after a dream last night - what's your thoughts please?

Postby HippyAnge » 29 Sep 2017 17:43

Hi all, just joined the group.
I'm early 60s, and have had prophetic dreams throughout my childhood till about age 12, dwindling with a few into my 30s.
I need your thoughts on a dream I had last night which was way, way different to any other, apart from once in my 20s, but another time and person.
I'll explain. Last night, I was another person TOTALLY, quite young, teens 20s, and married. I was (I think) Muslim but NOT wearing any face coverings, which means I might just have been in the middle east as Islam didn't come into being until the 7th century. I was greatly in love with my husband, and he got killed. I was desperate, very upset. I saw quite a few women, all middle aged/older and on the large side. Oddly, I remember looking down at my feet, we was on a balcony, before the husband was killed and I was wearing very thin sandals. I really don't think I was in England, but a desert area.
What's your thoughts on this? It didn't seem to be in this day and age. It was EXTREMELY lucid.

Summerlander

Re: I'm disturbed after a dream last night - what's your thoughts please?

Postby Summerlander » 30 Sep 2017 21:19

HippyAnge wrote:Hi all, just joined the group.
I'm early 60s, and have had prophetic dreams throughout my childhood till about age 12, dwindling with a few into my 30s.

You are, most likely, a 'lottery' of coincidences. Currently, there are around seven billion people on Earth and, as our planet completes a revolution, about thirty thousand million dreams are experienced by humankind. Given these numbers, and the fact that we are pattern-seeking mammals, it is no wonder that many of our nightly visions ostensibly coincide with real events and are often described as prophetic. If such dreams were never reported, then it would be weird. :shock:

Last night, I was another person TOTALLY, quite young, teens 20s, and married. I was (I think) Muslim but NOT wearing any face coverings, which means I might just have been in the middle east as Islam didn't come into being until the 7th century.

I'd say it was all a mental fiction.

I was greatly in love with my husband, and he got killed. I was desperate, very upset. I saw quite a few women, all middle aged/older and on the large side. Oddly, I remember looking down at my feet, we was on a balcony, before the husband was killed and I was wearing very thin sandals. I really don't think I was in England, but a desert area.

You were dreaming away.

What's your thoughts on this? It didn't seem to be in this day and age. It was EXTREMELY lucid.

You mean the dream was extremely vivid. I wouldn't say you were lucid. The way you recounted the dream makes me think that you were totally duped and irrationally swept by the oneiric plot---so much so that your sense of identity was a far cry from that of waking life.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Interpretation”