A dream that came true last year

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Lucid Dreamer

A dream that came true last year

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 28 Aug 2012 10:33

Okay. two years ago i had this dream. Ill start from the top. i arrived in the school library. there were two knew dogs that my mom bought. they were in crates under a counter. at that point i dont remember my emotions in the dream. but one dog was a Bernese mountain dog, and the other was a black lab. I already have a black lab named cassie. On the car ride home my sister was sitting in the back of our van with the dog laying beside her, its head on her lap. i could tell she loved it already. that made me really sad. then i remember asking my mom if we could get rid of them for now but if we still wanted them when cassie dyed we could get them back. those dogs gave me a really pitty stomachy feeling that i hated. my mom said, "you cant just do that to a dog." i had this dream the night before halloween.

in real life: a year later my mom told me that we were getting a new puppy. i got that same pitty stomachy feeling. i had heard that we were but i didnt think anyone was serious. the type of dog? a swiss mountain dog. we planned on getting him halloween day. my sister is not only in love, you can say she is obsessed to him like a drug.

why did this dream come true so accurately?
all of this is very hard for me so when replying please be sensitive.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

dreamerinmiami

Re: A dream that came true last year

Postby dreamerinmiami » 15 Nov 2012 23:07

i do believe that all humans are somewhat psychic. your dream came true 100% so embrace that.. maybe you'll have more!
What is your definition of reality?

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 29 Nov 2012 04:07

maybe. there are so many things that we cant explain.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Emerald Dreamer

Postby Emerald Dreamer » 03 Dec 2012 16:59

There is this book by JW Dunne entitled An Experiment with Time that talked about our dreams being mixed with both "past" images and "future" images, and it's up to us to determine which is which. He also pointed out that everyone have precognitive dreams if they knew what to look for. He was explaining the phenomena of déjà vu as well. It's a helpful book, I think, that could explain your dream.
"Be careful what you wear to bed at night, you never know who you'll meet in your dreams." - Anonymous

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 04 Dec 2012 03:42

yes. i will see if my library has it. thanks. (also i like your signature)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”