Crows fly in the window and one lands on my hand

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
lucidinthe sky

Crows fly in the window and one lands on my hand

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 05:18

I was so excited that I had such a cool dream about these 2 crows until I read that they often symbolize death :shock: but they can also symbolize change too.

Apparently crows are unusual dream symbols and I've read that most people go their entire lives without having a crow appear in a dream. This is my first that I can remember in 56 years.

I was in a dark room and saw the 2 crows fly by the window and thought that was cool, then they flew into the open window. I held out my hand and one landed on it. I could feel the foot of the crow gripping my hand and it felt so completely real. It almost felt like I was lucid because of how aware I was of everything, but not completely lucid.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Je-Je

Re: Crows fly in the window and one lands on my hand

Postby Je-Je » 09 Apr 2013 06:37

I read that they often symbolize death but they can also symbolize change too.

I didnt know that crows symbolize death also, i thought it was black chicken :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 10:05

crows can also symbolise intellegence (they are very smart) and can also symbolise mystery.

They are also known as messenger birds from the spirit word. I'd wonder if the messenger bird symbol is significant to your dream seeing when you first saw them they were on the other side of the window (which could indicate from another realm)... so they like went from one place to another when they entered the window into the room.

Did you wake up right after they came in the window? or was there more to this dream after they came in?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2013 17:54

taniaaust1 wrote:crows can also symbolise intellegence (they are very smart) and can also symbolise mystery.

They are also known as messenger birds from the spirit word. I'd wonder if the messenger bird symbol is significant to your dream seeing when you first saw them they were on the other side of the window (which could indicate from another realm)... so they like went from one place to another when they entered the window into the room.

Did you wake up right after they came in the window? or was there more to this dream after they came in?

They were flying around outside briefly and I could see thenm going by through the open window. I thought "wow that's really interesting" then it was "wow they are coming in here!" that really surprised me. They flew around in the room for a few seconds although it was dark and they are hard to see, then I put out my hand with the palm down and one landed on the back of my hand. I woke up right after that, but I remember the feeling of the bird's foot gripping my hand and how real it felt. Wish I could have gotten more than that, but that's often how things go in dreams.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Dream Interpretation”