scary double lucid dream

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
tonyn

scary double lucid dream

Postby tonyn » 11 Apr 2013 08:43

hey guys, new dreamer here. Ive known about lucid dreaming for a few years but dont really "try" to have them. they just happen every now and then and I run with it. ive just woken up and this is what i quickly typed up so i didnt forget what happened

i was in a pub and went to the toilet saw my boss on the way. my dad was in the urinal as well, as he walked out he said "are you going to the post office?". i started urinating on myself because i couldnt control it. other people in the room starting laughing at me, at this point i realized it was a lucid dream, so i started urinating all over the floor. i walk out of the toilet with piss all over my pants and all the people start fading, and just turning into voices. i try to keep the dream going (i always try to bring the dream back as it starts to fade) but i cant this time and i can only hear voices and the dream somewhat ends. i open my eyes a little to try and wake up. but i cant. i rock my body back and forth to try and wake myself up, but my eyes wont open. i start violently rocking my body back and forth in bed to try to wake myself up, at this point im starting to get scared and can feel my heart pounding in my chest. i try screaming out to my dad (as i know he's home) but i cant talk. i still cant open my eyes, i have full control over my body but something wont let me open my eyes or speak yet. i get out of bed with my eyes still closed, walk out of my room, through the kitchen and then i can start yelling "DAD! DAD! DAD!" i walk into the lounge room and with all my strength I open my eyes, ever so slightyly to see a female body laying face down (in a yoga position). I grab her by the throat and she looks at me with no face. I start squeezing her throat until I can feel her pulse in my body. everything starts to fade back to black (me closing my eyes again) and i start to feel us both float away. I wake up with a massive jump, heart racing, breathing heavily.
this time I'm really awake.

sorry about the bad spelling, language, punctuation, etc..

so the last few months when ive been having lucid dreams they all end the same way. me trying to wake up, but i cant. i always try to wake myself up but i feel like im just in a coma and cant move or speak. this one was the worst with me being able to "sleep-walk" and seeing another person whilst trying to wake up. it's getting annoying, and its at the point where ill actually wake up from one of these dreams at night and get out of bed, just so i dont have it happen again. i'll get out of bed at 2am and stay awake until i start work at 7 just so its not possible to get "stuck in my dream".

If you guys have any advice or would like to read into my dream and whats happening, that would be brilliant.
Thanks.

taniaaust1

Re: scary double lucid dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Apr 2013 09:03

You are sending such confusing messages to yourself and hence your subconsciousness may be reacting. I'll explain this more.

i try to keep the dream going (i always try to bring the dream back as it starts to fade) but i cant this time and i can only hear voices and the dream somewhat ends. i open

my eyes a little to try and wake up. but i cant. i rock my body back and forth to try and wake myself up, but my eyes

wont open. i start violently rocking my body back and forth in bed to try to wake myself up, at this point im starting to

get scared and can feel my heart pounding in my chest.

This is what I mean by sending to your subconsciousness mixed messages.. You try to keep the dream going as that is what you want but when it does keep going, you dont recognise it as such and hence you panic. (so you are sending the message to your subconsciousness.. I want to lucid dream but no I dont!). Maybe the confusion you are causing it is helping make this situation bad (with you then being unable to wake up.. as after all.. YOU wanted the LD (dream) to continue.

From what you describe thou it seems like a sleep paralysis state but I dont think it was as you were managing to rock (violently too) and from my own experience I find that as soon as Im able to move the sleep paralysis is easily broken. There is no way I could rock during sleep paralyses but still not move and hence I believe that all those awakenings that were scaring you were actually happening with your dream body rather then you experiencing sleep paralyses with your physical body eg false awakenings.

Next time.. try to think more about the situation.. and if you come to realise you "Oh Im managing to rock so I cant be in a physical body sleep paralyses state so I must still be dreaming", then instead of gettin scared.. choose to enjoy the dream. Cause with the knowledge that you are dreaming and its not your physical body doing this, should also come the knowledge that if this is your dream body and you are awake and aware.. you can change the situation and manifest whatever you like in the dream as after all, its your dream. Take ownership of it and control the dream and send a silent thank you to your subconsciousness for keeping you in the dream like you asked.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 14 Apr 2013 00:56

taniaaust1 wrote:You are sending such confusing messages to yourself and hence your subconsciousness may be reacting. I'll explain this more.

i try to keep the dream going (i always try to bring the dream back as it starts to fade) but i cant this time and i can only hear voices and the dream somewhat ends. i open

my eyes a little to try and wake up. but i cant. i rock my body back and forth to try and wake myself up, but my eyes

wont open. i start violently rocking my body back and forth in bed to try to wake myself up, at this point im starting to

get scared and can feel my heart pounding in my chest.

This is what I mean by sending to your subconsciousness mixed messages.. You try to keep the dream going as that is what you want but when it does keep going, you dont recognise it as such and hence you panic. (so you are sending the message to your subconsciousness.. I want to lucid dream but no I dont!). Maybe the confusion you are causing it is helping make this situation bad (with you then being unable to wake up.. as after all.. YOU wanted the LD (dream) to continue.

From what you describe thou it seems like a sleep paralysis state but I dont think it was as you were managing to rock (violently too) and from my own experience I find that as soon as Im able to move the sleep paralysis is easily broken. There is no way I could rock during sleep paralyses but still not move and hence I believe that all those awakenings that were scaring you were actually happening with your dream body rather then you experiencing sleep paralyses with your physical body eg false awakenings.

Next time.. try to think more about the situation.. and if you come to realise you "Oh Im managing to rock so I cant be in a physical body sleep paralyses state so I must still be dreaming", then instead of gettin scared.. choose to enjoy the dream. Cause with the knowledge that you are dreaming and its not your physical body doing this, should also come the knowledge that if this is your dream body and you are awake and aware.. you can change the situation and manifest whatever you like in the dream as after all, its your dream. Take ownership of it and control the dream and send a silent thank you to your subconsciousness for keeping you in the dream like you asked.

I completely agree. I also recommend you begin to actively seek lucid dreams. Learning to have them because you want them, and then controlling them should learn to help the experience. It sounds like alot what happened to me when I was a child, back then I would lucid dream without having any knowledge of lucid dreaming. I would suffer from similar experiences. I would be afraid to fall asleep because I'd often find myself not just trapped in a lucid dream and false awakenings, but a nightmare at that. I'd have a nightmare, but I'd be aware I was dreaming so I'd try to wake up. Only to find the scary presence would soon return and somehow I was still dreaming. It'd take several false awakenings in a row before I actually woke up, and I'd be so scared to fall back asleep and be trapped in my nightmares. Also in the false awakenings, I'd often find myself running for help in my house thinking I was awake just like you. Of course, when i actually woke up I actually realized the situation and no longer needed help. But now I realize, all this came from a lack of knowledge and lack of controll. Back then I didn't know what lucid dreaming was, or false awakenings. And it also never occurred to me, instead of fearfully trying to force myself awake, I could just controll the dream and change it. I was honestly missing out back then! And I feel you are missing out know with this view you have now on lucid dreaming, and not only are you missing out, you are even suffering from it. I implore to seek some lucid dreams and gain controll :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 02 Jul 2013 10:14

tonyn wrote:hey guys, new dreamer here. Ive known about lucid dreaming for a few years but dont really "try" to have them. they just happen every now and then and I run with it. ive just woken up and this is what i quickly typed up so i didnt forget what happened

i was in a pub and went to the toilet saw my boss on the way. my dad was in the urinal as well, as he walked out he said "are you going to the post office?". i started urinating on myself because i couldnt control it. other people in the room starting laughing at me, at this point i realized it was a lucid dream, so i started urinating all over the floor. i walk out of the toilet with piss all over my pants and all the people start fading, and just turning into voices. i try to keep the dream going (i always try to bring the dream back as it starts to fade) but i cant this time and i can only hear voices and the dream somewhat ends. i open my eyes a little to try and wake up. but i cant. i rock my body back and forth to try and wake myself up, but my eyes wont open. i start violently rocking my body back and forth in bed to try to wake myself up, at this point im starting to get scared and can feel my heart pounding in my chest. i try screaming out to my dad (as i know he's home) but i cant talk. i still cant open my eyes, i have full control over my body but something wont let me open my eyes or speak yet. i get out of bed with my eyes still closed, walk out of my room, through the kitchen and then i can start yelling "DAD! DAD! DAD!" i walk into the lounge room and with all my strength I open my eyes, ever so slightyly to see a female body laying face down (in a yoga position). I grab her by the throat and she looks at me with no face. I start squeezing her throat until I can feel her pulse in my body. everything starts to fade back to black (me closing my eyes again) and i start to feel us both float away. I wake up with a massive jump, heart racing, breathing heavily.
this time I'm really awake.

sorry about the bad spelling, language, punctuation, etc..

so the last few months when ive been having lucid dreams they all end the same way. me trying to wake up, but i cant. i always try to wake myself up but i feel like im just in a coma and cant move or speak. this one was the worst with me being able to "sleep-walk" and seeing another person whilst trying to wake up. it's getting annoying, and its at the point where ill actually wake up from one of these dreams at night and get out of bed, just so i dont have it happen again. i'll get out of bed at 2am and stay awake until i start work at 7 just so its not possible to get "stuck in my dream".

Maybe those dreams are in your subconscious mind and repeating itself.

If you guys have any advice or would like to read into my dream and whats happening, that would be brilliant.
Thanks.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”