Dreams of Dogs?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Dreams of Dogs?

Postby Rebecca » 12 May 2011 06:13

I keep dreaming that my little Sheltie dogs can talk or have other human traits, such as walking on two legs - anyone care to interpret this...?

Dreamsphere

Re: Dreams of Dogs?

Postby Dreamsphere » 16 May 2011 16:05

Your subconsious is trying to tell you something about the way your dogs are trained? actually its funny, because my pug can walk on two legs! All you have to do is hold food up, and he will walk as far as you want.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 18 May 2011 09:28

Haha, your Pug walking on two legs, there's an image!

Sometimes I also have dreams of babies who talk and act quite mature, and since I think of my dogs as my fur babies, this could be a running theme..........

Seto_Blade

Postby Seto_Blade » 01 Jun 2011 19:51

Maybe you want to understand the dogs in a very direct, literal way? For example, I have a cat named Midget who I love to death, and we're very affectionate towards one another, but I find myself wondering sometimes what she could be thinking about. Sure, animals are more 'primitive' than us and some might say they can't have real thought, but to me, that's just hard to believe. Living things have feelings and emotion, so something has gotta be going on in that head of hers.

Perhaps you innately feel the same way about your Shelties? Perhaps you want to know what they would say to you, if they could talk?

jake

Postby jake » 04 Jun 2011 02:33

It sounds like you really consider your dog a friend who you can understand without speech. Im not a psychologist or anything but I think your brain just veiws your dog as a person whom you are good friends with and not just a pet

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 16 Jan 2012 07:54

Rebecca wrote:I keep dreaming that my little Sheltie dogs can talk or have other human traits, such as walking on two legs - anyone care to interpret this...?

Animals whether pets or wild do have personalities/ minds just like people, but they only have three personalities: a general one; a sexual one and a violence (the struggle for survival also about work when sublimated). Humans have a third personality associated with philosophy. The conflicts we see between supernaturalism and naturalism are really just conflicts between different personality types in one aspect of ones philosophic personality and will never be resolved in real life, as they're an eternal conflict.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Dream Interpretation”