Connect with another being in a dream

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
24/7/365

Re: Connect with another being in a dream

Postby 24/7/365 » 13 Dec 2017 19:52

hypothetical concepts forum

paradoxical whims forum

of form for form from form forum

paraform forum

for Um! forum

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Dec 2017 02:22

Redkryptonite, 24/7/365 and lucide make this thread worthwhile. I disdain sophists with gilded non sequiturs. They are more pitiable than clergy. :twisted:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Dec 2017 05:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ-Qohf9Dtc

I think you'll take the shooter's side more than the victims' side in this case (shooter was secular).

Texas for the most part is very religious and hates strongly on same and no gender attraction BTW if that explains what might be happening. Also they are very gun-obsessed. Everyone there owns guns, except they never bring them to religious gatherings.
I don't have problems with others, and fighting when the opponent has no defense to me is cowardly.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 16 Dec 2017 07:02

lucidé wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ-Qohf9Dtc

I think you'll take the shooter's side more than the victims' side in this case (shooter was secular).

Texas for the most part is very religious and hates strongly on same and no gender attraction BTW if that explains what might be happening. Also they are very gun-obsessed. Everyone there owns guns, except they never bring them to religious gatherings.
I don't have problems with others, and fighting when the opponent has no defense to me is cowardly.

So much for "God's protection" :roll:

...sorry,I couldn't resist getting a cheap shot at religion here. That was a terrible tragedy. The perpetrator was obviously mentally ill,I did a quick and brief reading on him.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Dec 2017 08:18

RedKryptonite wrote:So much for "God's protection" :roll:

...sorry,I couldn't resist getting a cheap shot at religion here. That was a terrible tragedy. The perpetrator was obviously mentally ill,I did a quick and brief reading on him.

No matter where you go and even if a person is religious in that situation, they have to have a way to defend themselves. No I don't care where you are, a person should absolutely never let their guard down ANYWHERE. There will always be sociopaths and psychopaths out there who want to hurt you, and if they REALLY want to, they can find ways to get into thee guarded sanctuary and try to hurt you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MkIgFcw3Xw

I really liked this clip. That white and yellow Pokemon is the Pokemon deity Arceus who in the anime made a reappearance because a person attacked him in the past and stole his life plates, came to smite and kill all the humans with his judgment. His servants, Dialga (blue and silver Pokemon) and Palkia (Pink and White Pokemon) wouldn't have any of him smiting anyone and rebelled against him. The Pokemon ruler of the underworld, Giratina (grey, yellow and red Pokemon with wings, many refer to him as Hades or el diablo), emerges from the underworld as he is friends with a few of the people and the main character and won't let him hurt them. The 3 nearly sacrifice their lives as the human travels back in time, and makes sure that Arceus believes not all people are bad. A character really did try to kill Arceus, but since it was in the past, where the main character was never born, they couldn't kill him, because they'd kill off the main character and his Pokemon.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Dec 2017 22:17

Both the secular and the religious can be bad. Getting rid of religion would not deliver us from evil. But religion alone can make good people do bad things. We are better off without religion.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 17 Dec 2017 04:54

We need to greatly change some of the ways they experiment in science as well. One thing we need to get rid of in science is animal cruelty, especially in the experiment labs. Animal activists are slowly taking down many of the experiment labs that are subjecting these poor creatures to a slow painful death (it isn't just rats BTW, but think in terms of kittens, baby monkeys, and puppies dying a very slow agonizing death). If the scientists feel the need to do painful experiments on a living thing, experiment on a serial killer (they've inflicted pain on living things, and would inflict more of it, I feel no empathy at that point for them). They would just go out and hurt others anyways (the animals would hurt no one, no reason to hurt animals). I believe science would advance further in finding results in helping them in the future if they experimented on a few of the killers rather than on animals.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 17 Dec 2017 08:01

lucidé wrote:We need to greatly change some of the ways they experiment in science as well. One thing we need to get rid of in science is animal cruelty, especially in the experiment labs. Animal activists are slowly taking down many of the experiment labs that are subjecting these poor creatures to a slow painful death (it isn't just rats BTW, but think in terms of kittens, baby monkeys, and puppies dying a very slow agonizing death). If the scientists feel the need to do painful experiments on a living thing, experiment on a serial killer (they've inflicted pain on living things, and would inflict more of it, I feel no empathy at that point for them). They would just go out and hurt others anyways (the animals would hurt no one, no reason to hurt animals). I believe science would advance further in finding results in helping them in the future if they experimented on a few of the killers rather than on animals.

Ah,the necessary evil we have to resort to for the continuation of our species. More reason to validate David Benatar's philosophy. If you transferred my consciousness and knowledge to the first man who ever existed,maybe I would have ignored the first woman and simply lived my life Childfree and Sex-free till I died,using lucid dreaming as my primary source of fun. (or commit suicide if I couldn't handle the harshness of caveman life)
This would have ensured the demise of our species and humans would have never existed,but at the same time,I'd be saving billions upon billions all throughout history from experience suffering. :geek: :ugeek:

You know,apparently there are people out there born with the inability to feel physical pain and it is genetic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/the-people-who-cant-feel-pain-scientists-discover-cause-of-rare-inherited-condition-that-turns-off-10274604.html

If,via cloning and genetic engineering,we were able to produce human beings like these en masse,they'd be a good source of scientific experimentation in the future(and for organ donations and stuff). It is still very morally questionable though,but you can argue that it will produce better results and its more ethical than putting animals through painful procedures.

Edit: Actually,this sparks up a question. What would have been the least painful way for a Caveman to kill themselves given their resources? In the modern age,we have certain drugs that could help achieve a painfree death. It just so happens that the law takes measures to make them difficult to access for civilians. All I could think of is consume multiple hallucinogenic mushrooms(assuming they existed back then and you could identify them)then jump off from a great height as soon as you feel them start to take effect. :geek:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Dec 2017 16:08

Sorry, but I couldn't let the distorted quantum mechanical mumbo jumbo from Amaradreamer slide ... :mrgreen:

Sean Caroll tells us why the statement that atoms are almost entirely empty space isn't strictly accurate---electrons are more like fuzzy clouds of probabilities that we never get to see; we only see what has already been affected by measurement/observation. :geek:

Language didn't evolve to accurately describe these radical states of reality which are so far divorced from the classical---hence where all the confusion arises and crackpots take advantage of this to make it all sound like it's magic. :D

Check out his explanation and you'll see why people opt to heed pseudoscientific documentaries like 'What the Bleep Do We Know?' instead:

https://youtu.be/Nf-e-wPc6pc

This excerpt from one of my old posts reflects how reality really works---as counterintuitive as it may sound (why should reality be what we expect it to be?):

'Professor Brian Cox once said the following: "Quantum mechanics is weird, but not weird enough to allow a grain of sand to hop unaided out of a matchbox." Have you noticed the word "unaided" in the quote? On a sandy beach, there is a chance that there will be "aids" to make the "hopping" out of the box possible. The wind could pry open the matchbox. A smoker could pick it up in search of matches and empty it out in frustration. A crab could come...

'The beach context teems with possibilities that make the hopping practically possible. However, lock away the matchbox in an empty vault and chances are that there will be no hopping. If we think of quantum particles and acknowledge that they behave somewhat like a particle and somewhat like a wave in a probabilistic framework, we will find that, within the inner and outer cluster of peaks and troughs, the waves cancel each other out in certain points. This will quickly take place as we make the measurement, because, things on a smaller scale "secretly" play out all scenarios before settling on the most likely outcome. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle hinges on this. We must also remember that, on a quantum level, it is apparent that nothing is at rest, even those particles which are not effected upon by force - this is where Newton's laws (which although logical and very applicable on a macro scale) are thrown out of the window. The more precisely you know the position of a particle at some instant, the less well you know how fast it is moving and therefore where it will be sometime later.

'Now, we live in a quantum universe, and, a grain of sand is a relatively ginormous object in the quantum realm. It is so huge that it no longer appears to obey quantum laws and conforms to classical physics. However, it is made up of those tiny packets of energy that move and jump all the time. The bigger the object gets, the more time is incremented in their unaided motion. Make no mistake about it, according to quantum theory, the grain is moving unaided (because like everything else, it stems from the quantum realm) but it is too big for any noticeable movement and its properties can be easily measured. This lies at the heart of quantum physics. It is encompassed in Heisenberg's breakthrough formulae. This is how things really work. Newton was not wrong, but, his picture was incomplete. Imagine a grain of sand inside a 3cm-length matchbox. Physicists can calculate how long it will take for the grain to hop to the confines of a 4cm radius - beyond the matchbox (!) - unaided. Do you know how long it would take? Over a thousand times the current age of the universe! Meaning it won't happen! You might as well say that the grain is not moving and be content with that. Quantum mechanically speaking, not impossible but improbable. Hence where Cox is coming from with the matchbox and grain quote. The scenario proposed by quantum mechanics is hard to swallow and often hard to understand, but, that is the nature of the universe.'

- Padmasambhava

AmaraDreamer

Postby AmaraDreamer » 24 Dec 2017 11:38

"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."

Question: how can this be "out of context"? At least admit that there are scientists who are idealists, or you're just sounding rejecting facts.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”