Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Summerlander

Re: Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Postby Summerlander » 07 Sep 2014 02:26

nawick, nobody has souls and there is no such thing as astral projection. And that security guard was talking out of his ass...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 07 Sep 2014 17:27

Summerlander » 07 Sep 2014 02:26

nawick, nobody has souls and there is no such thing as astral projection. And that security guard was talking out of his ass

Summerlander Why cant you say: in my opinion instead of forcing your opinion on us. I know you believe what you are telling us, but that does not mean we must believe what you do. don't be a fanatic. You know that if you say: In my opinion, people who don't share your view might read your article with more attention. I like your postings, except when you get to dogmatic. :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Sep 2014 02:18

It's not my opinion, though. I'm just stating facts. I don't see any evidence at all for souls. If you tell me chimps exist and they are quite distinct from us despite being one chromosome away, I might doubt you if I've never seen one. But all you have to do is invite me to go to a zoo to see them for myself plus a science museum where genetic comparisons are on display.

In other words, you'd be able to demonstrate, beyond all shadow of a doubt, that chimps do exist. I am yet to see this type of substance for souls. I'm not dogmatic at all. If you show me some evidence supporting the existence of souls you might just sway me to the point where I have to humbly admit to having been wrong. If I was dogmatic I would just reject compelling evidence outright.

Also, if people are only going to take heed of posts containing words that please them and statements that pander to their egos they run the risk of a) not learning anything new; and b) dismissing the cold-hearted truth that stares them in the face.

I am tired of having people believing in fairytales and talking about them like they are true with all the certainty that one can muster. It is not productive, it distracts those who seek the truth, and it doesn't help youngsters either. This astral projection business is such a hindrance to those newbies who want to improve their lucid dreaming practice. Such belief-centric notion only creates mental barriers.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Sep 2014 06:45

IN MY OPINION...

Both Summerlander and Erichsa are right.
Summerlander is a rude wake up call, but hey, so are alarm clocks! Put emotions aside and he always tells the right time. ;)

I am on Erichsa's side too, and I even told Summerlander once, that you 'catch more flies with honey' and you don't have to be so argumentative all the time.

Don't change. Both of you!

I've been here for quite a while and have been retrospective a lot lately, and this place wouldn't be the same without strong personalities like you two. Keep it up! It's all good fun for me. :D
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 07:13

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. [Carl Sagan]

By the way, I have to support Summerlander on this one.

He was right that there are no souls, and astral projection doesn't exist.

Calm down erichsa, sheesh, you don't have to get angry and have a nervous breakdown

I find taking deep breaths helps in a situation like yours.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 08 Sep 2014 17:29

LucidityMaster: Calm down erichsa, sheesh, you don't have to get angry and have a nervous breakdown

I was just stating my point of view, and I never had a nervous breakdown in my 82 years.
I like HAGARTS reply," You catch more fly's with honey" is short and to the point, and not as my long winded posting. :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Sep 2014 00:22

And Carl Sagan would probably be called "dogmatic" here, too. If I'm dogmatic, what are the people who vehemently state that astral projection is real and not a dream? Open-minded? :-P

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 11 Sep 2014 01:31

If you have recurring dreams in which cats scratch you, you could try imagining before you go to sleep that you feed the cats something good tasting, and after they eat, they act more calm and friendly. Then ask them, "Why do you try to scratch me?" Cats can sometimes be a general symbol for the unconscious mind. So, maybe you have some partly unconscious emotional issues you need to deal with.

Here are some of my favorite resources regarding ordinary and lucid dreams, and out of body experiences.

- Book -"Creative Dreaming" - by Patricia Garfield
- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" - by Robert Waggoner
- Book - "Journeys Out Of The Body" - by Robert Monroe
- Book - "Adventures Beyond The Body" - by William Buhlman
- Book - "Astral Dynamics" - by Robert Bruce

The above authors also have YouTube videos.

-Websites -
- "Robert Moss Blog" - mossdreams.blogspot.com
- "Travels Of A Dream Walker" - karen659.blogspot.com

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 11 Sep 2014 01:45

I forgot to mention the great website - "Lucid Dreaming Experience" - dreaminglucid.com
(formerly - Lucid dream Exchange)

nawick

Postby nawick » 17 Sep 2014 17:36

Rebecca Said
Forum Rules
3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil. Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged. Personal attacks, profanity, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”