OBE?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
nawick

Re: OBE?

Postby nawick » 28 Aug 2014 23:07

I do not remember the dreams, but my parents used to tell me years later that when I was 5 & 6 I would have to wake them up and tell them about my recurring dream. I would be too excited to sleep until I shared or something. I told them that I had gone for a ride in the big boats that would rise up into the sky. We would look down on the earth and marvel at how amazing it was. The people manning the boats wore roman armor with helmets, male and female both. The boats were pointed at both ends like a huge viking ship, but it was like an upside-down one covering the together so we couldn't fall out. They told me that if fire ever fell from the sky they would come get me. I was a friend and these trips were joyous occasions. It made me so happy that I had to wake up my parents and tell them of another adventure in the boats. They kidded me about it for years to come once I stopped having those dreams.

My dad worked at a TV Station, so for some reason he wouldn't have a TV in the house. But later we got one and watching Bugs Bunny there was something sort of familiar, so I thought of these skyfarers as "Marvins" because Marvin the Martian wore roman armor and a helmet a lot like them.
But they wore Greek helmets with lemon shaped eye holes.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 29 Aug 2014 01:29

nawick wrote:I do not remember the dreams, but my parents used to tell me years later that when I was 5 & 6 I would have to wake them up and tell them about my recurring dream. I would be too excited to sleep until I shared or something. I told them that I had gone for a ride in the big boats that would rise up into the sky. We would look down on the earth and marvel at how amazing it was. The people manning the boats wore roman armor with helmets, male and female both. The boats were pointed at both ends like a huge viking ship, but it was like an upside-down one covering the together so we couldn't fall out. They told me that if fire ever fell from the sky they would come get me. I was a friend and these trips were joyous occasions. It made me so happy that I had to wake up my parents and tell them of another adventure in the boats. They kidded me about it for years to come once I stopped having those dreams.

My dad worked at a TV Station, so for some reason he wouldn't have a TV in the house. But later we got one and watching Bugs Bunny there was something sort of familiar, so I thought of these skyfarers as "Marvins" because Marvin the Martian wore roman armor and a helmet a lot like them.

native Americans traveled on skyboats, these where visions of your past.

you will be safe when the world ends, they will come back for you.

what an amazing dream:)

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

nawick

Postby nawick » 29 Aug 2014 16:48

I still don't understand why they wore the breastplates though.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 30 Aug 2014 04:30

Nawick fun story about the unsidedown flying ships. The Roman helmets were Attic helmets, also greek in origin, the helmets with the sometimes lemon shaped eye holes are Corinthian helmets. The rare Roman breastplates were also imitations of Greek ones.

Hagart
It was to do with mysterious minions these officers send out to haunt us when we are trying to sleep. Some blame it on hypnagogic hallucinations with an overactive emotional response caused by the Amygdala....I was completely goofy like a child and full of emotion with only a slight memory of who I am and my sense of place was from my childhood too. (Except for when I was in a vibrant false awakening and got annoyed by my cousin). That reinforces my belief that our Amygdalas (primitive brain) goes hay-wire during the sleep paralysis stage of sleep, and if we are aware during it.... odd things can be experienced. The Amygdala is responsible for emotional reactions and I just learned recently they also contain basic instinctual sense of self and memories. There's a lot of information connecting the two on the internet and I'm no expert on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

If you see anything in particular during your hallucinations it's due to archetypal memories or just plain old beliefs. If I'm wrong, send a reptilian demon my way to haunt me in my dreams. I would love to have a good chat, and bounce some of these ideas of it. :I was completely goofy like a child and full of emotion with only a slight memory of who I am and my sense of place was from my childhood too. (Except for when I was in a vibrant false awakening and got annoyed by my cousin). That reinforces my belief that our Amygdalas (primitive brain) goes hay-wire during the sleep paralysis stage of sleep, and if we are aware during it.... odd things can be experienced. The Amygdala is responsible for emotional reactions and I just learned recently they also contain basic instinctual sense of self and memories. There's a lot of information connecting the two on the internet and I'm no expert on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

If you see anything in particular during your hallucinations it's due to archetypal memories or just plain old beliefs. If I'm wrong, send a reptilian demon my way to haunt me in my dreams. I would love to have a good chat, and bounce some of these ideas of it. :mrgreen:mrgreen:

I think in terms of neurology this is wrong. The waking brain acts something like this: stimlus; to thalamus (which judges whether it's exciting or not; the thalamus then sends signals to the amygdala and cortex (in that order), with the amygdala mobilizing the body; the anterior insular cortex then desides what sort of "excitement" one is having and triggers emotional responses to it, while the cortex in general observes, analyzes and plans a response. Assuming it's something frightful and one is foolish one does not think and just bolts in terror (if its a predator by bolting they trigger attack instincts), while if more intelligent one observes the threat, analyzes it and comes up with a plan to deal with it or if if the threat is extremely immediate one does not have time for all that and freezes and maybe gets out a "no" or scream before being destroyed.

Dreams don't follow the standard brain process though, they start in the white matter of the brain, then go to other parts including the limpic systems (of which the amygdala is one) so normally the cortex would have dreams before the amygdala. What likely happens in SP experiences is: that one falls almost immediately into REM dreams triggering REM muscle atonia; which the thalamus decides is exciting; triggers the amygdala and the gut reaction of the anterior insular cortex (AKA anterior insulae) to sudden immobility is fear creating the sleep paralysis dream. Naturally as the amygdala helps create emotion memory it can intensify that emotion, as people experiencing the SP experience more than once incubate fear during future SPE.

* Just decided to research somewhat neuroscience started with these two online books.

http://neuroscience.uth.tmc.edu/toc.htm

and http://www.dartmouth.edu/~rswenson/NeuroSci/index.html

Chapter on the amygdala from the first one http://neuroscience.uth.tmc.edu/s4/chapter06.html
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

abart65

Postby abart65 » 17 Nov 2014 06:49

Lucidity master, it has almost been a year since I posted this, and over the course of time I have had many SP experiences, and can agree that doing this can be fun and that the feeling are almost mesmerizing. I think realizing that this euphoric feeling exists within SP; I'm glad I stuck to it and really developed the skill of controlling whatever went on. Thanks for all your comments, everyone!

Return to “Paranormal Activity”