Are Astral Projections and "Spirit Entities" Real?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
DesertExplorer

Re: Are Astral Projections and "Spirit Entities" Real?

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Feb 2015 22:01

I hope so..
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2015 09:47

HAGART wrote: I keep using the phrase, "I try to find the normal in the paranormal" Or explain the natural in the supernatural. I feel like Agent Mulder. ;) If we could explain these paranormal and supernatural phenomenons, then they would simply be normal and natural and part of our everyday lexicon and part of our version of truth and reality.

The paranormal becomes normal if someone experiences it often enough and in that case they dont need explaination eg You accept the trees you see, the people around you, the dirt outside as its all normal, it doesnt need explaination of why its there.

Much like back in the day, it was unheard of to think the earth was round, when all conventional ideas knew, JUST KNEW, that is was indeed flat!

I wonder what their proof of the earth being flat was? Does anyone know what convinced them this? It would be interesting what so called fact mislead the belief.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Feb 2015 14:13

The notion that the Earth is flat did not come from fact. It was an assumption because most people could not imagine a round world and gravity wasn't even heard of. Many a wise man, however, noticed the Earth's shadow on the moon and thought out of the box, "What if..." But such visualisation tended to be ridiculed. Just like the Copernican view was a dangerous idea compared to Ptolemy's geocentricity. Why? Because the latter was congenial with the Biblical assumption that we are at the centre of the universe as we are God's special creation and He had us in mind when He made the universe. In religion, this doesn't need to be evidenced. It is an UNQUESTIONABLE "truth."

Science, however, increasingly shows us a universe where humans are insignificant. I would also say that everything requires an explanation - hence why science devises theories to be tested. How did the dust get there? How and when did our planet form? Science investigates and has great potential to provide answers. It can tell us that 25 million years of galactic dust has accumulated at the bottom of our oceans. It tells us the Earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old. And that our universe is just under 15 billion.

As David Hume once pointed out, to the scientist miracles don't exist. If a man cut his arm off and grew a new one in a matter of minutes, many would be tempted to call such event a miracle, something paranormal, especially the religious. A scientist, however, would deem such occurrence unusual but normal, and would thus be curious as to what chemical reactions made that possible once trickery were ruled out. He would invite "miracle" man to his lab for further testing.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2015 14:31

I want to invite Taniaaust1 to my lab and pick her brain.

There are 3 possibilities for why she experiences paranormal activity:

1. She's lying.
2. She's telling the truth and everything she claims is indeed real.
3. She's prone to hallucinate. (She sincerely thinks it's real, but it isn't).

I will rule out #1 right away. She's very open, honest and sincere. She has no reason to make it all up.
As for #2, I can only arrive at that if I rule out #3 for it is all just anecdotal evidence that she provides.
So now I'm left with #3. I've heard stories of how she saw a reptile creature, saw fairies, was OBE and was caught on camera, and even just recently in another post, she captured a spirit orb on film. I haven't seen the proof however, so it's just anecdotal. Her word against all others.

Keep in mind, that when I say, 'hallucinate', I don't mean she is crazy. I hallucinate at least once every 24 hours... I call them dreams. Only I can see them, so although they are very real to me, they can't be seen by anyone else. I've heard of people seeing auras around people and I don't think they are lying either. It perhaps is a synethesia of some sort. Again, a hallucination because nobody else can measure it or detect it with an instrument. It's not physical. It's an hallucination.

Let's say that she is telling the truth and everything she claims is indeed real. Since I am not born with psychic abilities and am unable to view the spirit realm interacting with this one, for me, it is not now, and never will be a part of my reality. There is so much in the expansive oceans that I will never see, and only hear stories about. If I never see a mermaid or a megalodon, even if they are indeed real, I will live my whole life on land and die without one ever being a part of my reality, so I have to assume they don't exist until proven otherwise.

However giant squids use to be folklore until one washed up on land and was proven. So I will remain open-minded, but skeptical until my beliefs are proven wrong.

Taniaaust1 wrote:You accept the trees you see, the people around you, the dirt outside as its all normal, it doesnt need explaination of why its there.

Wrong. I question EVERYTHING! 8-)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 11 Feb 2015 17:47

Astral Projections and Spirit Entities for the win!! Like if you agree :P
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 13 Feb 2015 04:21

In our Western society, many people tend to say that something is "real" only if it can be observed in outer world, consensus reality by two or more people, and scientifically measured in some way.

However, every single "outer world" sensation-perception we have in our whole lives is filtered through our subjective consciousness, which categorizes the experience and associates it with some form of meaning and relative value. We ultimately experience the whole spectrum of inner/outer reality subjectively.

Perhaps rather than asking if subjective experiences such as -- non-lucid and lucid dreams, hallucinations, sleep paralysis, astral projection or OBEs, visionary or numinous mystical experiences, precognition and other psychic phenomena, or spontaneous creative inspiration -- are "real", we should instead ask, "How valid and valuable are these subjective perceptions as part of an individuals whole life experience?

Some quantum physicists propose that consciousness is not separate from energy/matter, and that all that we perceive may be part of a larger, universal field of multiple dimensions, or multiple universes.

I recommend this thought provoking collection of essays. -

- "Engaging The Imaginal Realm: Doorway To Collective Wisdom" by Carol Frenier and Lois Sekerak Hogan - collectivewisdominitiative.com

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 14 Feb 2015 07:19

From my experience, lucid dreaming is like a school. A lot of psychological testing takes place. Some modifications of psychology can take place. It is on the order of telepathy. I went beyond it. Was guided.
I eventually learned that much of it is linguistically based, an analogic. I went on to discover Basic Analog Mathematics.
The human mind is responsible for human behavior. Currently the human race is proto-linguistic.

A primitive race is one who think telepathic communication is reality.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Feb 2015 09:24

HAGART wrote:I want to invite Taniaaust1 to my lab and pick her brain.

There are 3 possibilities for why she experiences paranormal activity:

1. She's lying.
2. She's telling the truth and everything she claims is indeed real.
3. She's prone to hallucinate. (She sincerely thinks it's real, but it isn't).

Im not lying.. so that leaves hallucination as you said or truth. Ive though had quite a few experiences with others too, so that means Ive had quite a bit of "group" halluncination around me too so that makes things even more interesting. Sceptics do believe in group halluncinations.

My hallucinations thou must have been very very good thou, they've actually helped me at times :) and also proved right.

I would be a good study subject if I knew how to control a lot of what Ive experienced, unfortunately most of it has been random. (have i even showed you via the pm the photo of the possessed child I got asked to help?).

saw fairies

I felt faires when a psychic lightworker took me and some others out to meet faires at a fairy circle. Ive also saw what I think as fairy lights (I think they were faires but they were like little lights) playing with my cat. Ive havent seen like faires with wings flying about.

I can see very basic aura level at will but I cant prove nothing by that.

Since I am not born with psychic abilities and am unable to view the spirit realm interacting with this one, for me, it is not now, and never will be a part of my reality.

Thou I think I have always had a touch of psychic ability, some of the stuff Ive learnt. I got taught how to see the first auric layer, Ive got taught how to feel energy and chakras. Some of this stuff with a good teacher is teachable so anyone could learn it if they had a good teacher. If you want to learn how to feel energy.. I studied under a Yogi Master called Master Choa Kok Sui. He's now deceased but his school is worldwide and people teach his stuff still.

Ive travelled states to learn stuff and studied with some of the worlds best teachers in some things. Most people can be taught at least some how to experience some of the things not usually seen. I dedicated years of my life learning things (thou I must admit I had had many experiences before this but I wanted to understand the things I experienced too)..

Lots of people have same experiences and what makes it stranger is that they can often have their experiences together. Ive seen things, demostrated to me which others just wouldnt believe.

Taniaaust1 wrote:You accept the trees you see, the people around you, the dirt outside as its all normal, it doesnt need explaination of why its there.

Wrong. I question EVERYTHING! 8-)[/quote]

:) . My Yogi teacher would of liked you. He was always trying to get us to question everything. I thou dont really care why the trees are there or why a sunflower is yellow.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Feb 2015 17:50

Even if the reason why sunflowers are yellow hold the key to unravelling the deepest mysteries of the universe or determining the origins of reality itself?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 15 Feb 2015 23:21

Summerlander wrote:Even if the reason why sunflowers are yellow hold the key to unravelling the deepest mysteries of the universe or determining the origins of reality itself?

He, he, hey! I see what you did there.. :D

~David Gerrold

Return to “Paranormal Activity”